RP Code of Conduct

You would like to participate in Freestyle scenarios, but think your skills could use some work? Sign up for RP training here and we'll get you into shape.
Jools Noctru

RP Code of Conduct

Post by Jools Noctru »

The RP Code of Conduct explains what kind of behavior is expected during Dynasty Chronicles. Please abide by these guidelines. Read it. Seriously. This stuff matters!

Why is this necessary?
The RP Code of Conduct is necessary to give participants in Dynasty Chronicles some important guidelines to follow. You can consider everything explained here as "good ethics" or "proper behavior". It helps the Game Masters guide the players through Chronicles.

Got it! So, what is the Code of Conduct?
  • The Game Master's decision is final, even when it seems an unfair, or even impossible decision. The Game Master will have good reasons for making that decision and you are to respect it.
  • You have read and understood all rules laid out below. This particularly applies to Combat Rules.
  • You will show respect to other players in your party. You must treat them the way you wish to be treated.
  • Failure to comply with the RP Code of Conduct can and will result in a deduction of Points. This is a fair warning. Your Points can go negative.

These rules apply to all Dynasty Chronicles in addition to Chronicle-specific rules. It must be noted that Chronicle-specific rules may supersede the rules laid out below.

In-Character & Out-Of-Character Separation
Out-Of-Character (OOC) text is strictly forbidden in Krath Scenarios. Each Scenario has its own OOC thread. You must use this thread to discuss anything that does not belong in the actual Scenario.
Texts that are also considered to be OOC:
OOC: Not sure if <action> allowed here. Sorry if it isn't.
Use the OOC thread!
Action: Attempt to stab opponent and then make a run for it.
Your actions must be already clearly described in your post. If you feel you need a bottom line like this, you're doing it wrong and should revise your post to make your actions more clear!

Narrative, Speech & Thoughts
There are several types of sentences you can use.
  • Narrative text should always be past tense, third person perspective.
  • "Speech should always be bold and surrounded in quotation marks, and in present tense, first person perspective."
  • Thoughts should always be italic, without any form of quotation marks, and in present tense, first person perspective.
"Well I suppose so, just dont leave me waiting too long," She flashed a devilish smile, watching with amusement as he reacted nervously. "Here's to you coming back soon." She downed her drink in once fell swoop, watching with interest as he did the same. Man, she's getting my chest all jumpy. His heart was beating fast, but something else felt like it was beating inside him... or more like moving. He clutched at his chest as the sensation became painful. Looking back up at the woman, she no longer had her smile and her eyes seemed to glow a faint blue.
Text Colors
Coloring of your words is not permitted. People love their retinas so there is no reason to burden their eyes with different colors or fonts. The blue text is permitted only by the Game Master (GM). When several people are speaking in a dialogue, you should use words instead of colors to describe who is talking.
"Oh no!" Jools panicked, "That was our last bottle of Reserve! Dad's gonna be furious when he finds out!"

"THAT was Whyren's Reserve? I'm pretty sure your dad was tricked." Ganner responded unimpressed.

Jools held her glare for a while.

Ganner smirked, "Trust me, babe. I know my liquor."
Combat
Combat is moderated, meaning that you cannot control the actions or fates of Non-Player Characters (NPCs) or other players (Player Characters (PCs)).
  1. When the GM states it is your turn, you may post your combat manoeuvres.
  2. Your roll results determine your success or failure. Move actions always succeed unless there is difficult terrain previously stated by the GM.
  3. You post your success / failure using the results of your rolls.
  4. Next players posts, following the same guidelines.