Krath Roulette

Set up your own scenarios here. Creativity is warmly welcomed, so don't hold back.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly In-Character. Please refrain from making any Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts that break the flow and immersion. Create an OOC thread for your Scenario if you need a place to discuss things Out-Of-Character.
Jools Noctru

Re: Krath Roulette

Post by Jools Noctru »

"No more bets," the croupier announced as the ball was slowing down.

"I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I couldn't help but detect you whispering game mechanics to yourself," the droid said as he leaned in towards Fred.

"Odds are evenly distributed. That means that if several lower numbers have been winning in sequence, the chance for a higher number to win next increases."

When he finished talking to Fred, the ball had already landed in one of the roulette wheel's pockets. It was a velvet purple pocket labeled 36.

Player balance:
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred acknowledged the droid, as the ball fell into a high pocket, "Just like you said."

Following the droids advice, Fred placed his bets accordingly.

"Knowing that the board was low for a while, it is likely to be high again, so I will bet the middle again, adjust my double street to a higher point, and to cover all bases just a flat high bet."

Although this would devour fred's chips, he felt that if the droid was right about the odds, and the board really is high a second time after so many low rolls, the high bet will keep him in the game.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

"No more bets."

The ball whizzed around the outer edge of the roulette platter, and several people that gathered around the table leaned in the see what the results would be. If the ball would socket into a low number again, that would be the end of Fred's chip balance. The ball spiraled towards the the center of the disk, ricocheting off several bumps and dimples in its surface to further randomize the results. Then it came to a halt in a purple pocket labeled 32.

"Congratulations, Admiral. You're not quite out of the game just yet."

Fred receives 15 complementary chips for roleplaying.

Player balance:
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred nearly cursed in ithorianese, because the 32 pocket was in the center column, which he had a feeling about just a round before. Although fred was satisfied that his high bet kept him in the game. Fred began to wonder what his odds would be if he bet on a higher number again.

"If the odds are fairly equal, then another high bet wouldn't hurt, because that would be the third high number in a row, considering we had three low numbers."

Fred started placing his bets, starting with his High bet for safety, but then he started betting more toward the middle.

"The odds may be against me, but I am going to throw that second column down again, just because of that feeling."

Fred then waits for the ball to start rolling, while he motions the waiter back over to inquire about his salad order.