Solving Some of the Riddles of Galactic Evolution

Set up your own scenarios here. Creativity is warmly welcomed, so don't hold back.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly In-Character. Please refrain from making any Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts that break the flow and immersion. Create an OOC thread for your Scenario if you need a place to discuss things Out-Of-Character.
Zyrrqel Qilooy

Solving Some of the Riddles of Galactic Evolution

Post by Zyrrqel Qilooy »

This thread will be used, to describe Zyrrqel Qilooys scientific work in the process of reaching his doctoral degree. Zyrrqel is a new member of Koros Spaceworks with an academic background, working with Bancho Curr to establish a Science & Research Group within Koros, which will also be a part of this Szenario. But you will learn more about that by following the thread, I hope.

The primary intention of this thread is for me to tell the story of Zyrrqels scientific quest and his first actions in the Krath Dynasty. But nevertheless I think that it would be nice to have other participants in this Scenario as well, as long as they fit into the main theme. It would be nice, if you contact me (PM, DM) if you're interested in participating in this story and think your character would fit in.

I hope this is what the freestyle RP forum is meant for, because I'm totaly new to the Combine, the Krath Dynasty as well as to forum rp ;) Also I'm not a native English speaker so if I get something totally wrong please feel free to correct me :)

Last edited by Zyrrqel Qilooy on December 31st, 2011, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyrrqel Qilooy

Introduction

Post by Zyrrqel Qilooy »

Since his early days, the Gand Zyrrqel Qilooy was deeply interested in everything concerning science and sucked up every little piece of knowledge about the world and galaxy surrounding him. So far, he spent almost his whole life with studying, reading and learning. First on Gand, during his childhood, then while accompanying the seasoned human scientist Dr. Gerden Tornell, who was exploring the borders of the galaxy studying the ecology and evolution of outer rim planets, and afterwards during his studies at the famous University of Alderaan.

After his brilliant graduation at the Alderaan University in geology, xenobiology and xenoarchaeology he began looking for possibilities to fund his already planned, further studies. He got his chance, when the leader of Koros Spaceworks, Bancho Curr, was looking for someone to establish a science & research group within his organization. He offered Zyrrqel Qilooy the opportunity to build up this group and at the same time supported Zyrrqels research. This was more, than the young Gand could have hoped for despite his great academic curriculum vitae, and he was anxious to justify the trust, Bancho Curr put in him.
His first steps in the establishment of the new science & research department were planning the structure and functions of the group as well as the needed equipment, localities and personnel. Also right from the start he was working on further advancing his own studies and finishing his doctoral thesis which he already had begun to do research for during his time at the university. He intended to reach his doctoral degree before fully establishing the science & research group.

He used his time on the sprint-class rescue craft ‘Arqet’, which was his first assigned ship at Koros, to sort out his already worked out material for his thesis and planning the further steps needed to test his hypotheses about the influence of asteroids and comets on the galactic evolution.

To really start the empirical work for my thesis I need a ship equipped for landing on asteroids and comets, assessing their geometric data and probing their chemical composition…” Zyrrqel thought, while examining and sorting the entries in his datapad. His scaly, three-fingered hands moving swiftly over the touchscreen. “I will have to ask Bancho about this, when we meet next time.

But first I need to find information about comets and asteroids in Krath space.” He thought, trying to focus his mind on the essential first step of his project.
He logged into the Holonet searching it for hints about possible sources of information. By all that he heard about the Krath so far, he was sure that the Order of Krath and the governmental institutions should have big archives and libraries containing relevant information. He still had access to the database of the University of Alderaan, but there was almost no information about the Krath controlled systems to be found. So he had to find out about such Krath facilities and how to get access to them.

His first step therefore would have to be the identification of possible information sources and the second step would be the actual search for information in these sources.

The small, stocky insectoid got up from his desk chair in an unexpectedly fluid motion and packed away his datapads and other documents. He let his greenish-grey compound eyes scan the sparse spaceship cabin while moving to the door and then headed to the cockpit of the small starship thinking about his next actions.
Last edited by Zyrrqel Qilooy on January 1st, 2012, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyrrqel Qilooy

A few days later…

Post by Zyrrqel Qilooy »

Zyrrqel, clad in his usual linen shirt and cargo pants and cloaked by his shabby, old, greenish brown leather mantle was sitting at a desk again, but this time in a cabin a little more welcoming than the one in the ‘Arqet’, onboard the YT-1300 ‘Odalisque’. He had met Devon Felson, the second in command of Korros Spaceworks, for the first time, as he boarded the ship a few hours ago. Now, Devon was in the Cockpit, flying the ship, while Zyrrqel was fully absorbed into his work.

Although only inhabited by the Gand since about five hours, the cabin already looked like a mix between a research laboratory and the office of an old, chaotic professor. In the middle of all the datapads, papers, laboratory equipment and other stuff Zyrrqel read through some of his older manuscripts here and there scribbling some notes on a piece of paper with an old, small pencil stub. He appeared highly concentrated and buried in thought. His breath went slowly and faint, only discernible by the soft bubbling of the respirator mask covering the mouth area of his brown insectile head.

He already had contacted Bancho Cur via holomail asking him about Krath localities where he could possibly find more information on his research subjects. And he also told him his thoughts about needing a better ship for the investigations and field work for his studies. Now he was hoping that the helpful Kel Dor would be able to support him once again, and waiting for an answer.

His chitin exoskeleton was rattling and clacking from time to time, as he murmured in his native language, sunken in thought.
Zyrrqel Qilooy

Post by Zyrrqel Qilooy »

Still onboard the ‘Odalisque’ Zyrrqel just finished his daily martial arts exercises which he performed since his childhood on Gand. He was only wearing his olive green cargo pants, the rest of his body unclothed, his brown coloured chitin exoskeleton shimmering with an orange glint under the halogen lights of his cabin.
It was 4 o’clock in the morning, and after his usual 2 hours of meditation, one hour of sleep and one hour exercise Zyrrqel was ready to do some more work. Being a passenger on board of the ‘Odalisque’ kept him from beginning to look for information in Krath Space, but he was instructed to get force tested by Calgor Grim, a force sensitive Krath member the Gand hadn’t met, yet.

So after getting fully clothed and eating a little bit he thought about what to do next. Trying to make use of his time as best as possible, he had decided to start writing the introductory chapters of his thesis formulating his hypotheses of how asteroids and comets may have influenced the formation of inhabitable planets in the galaxy, by launching or changing plate tectonics and volcanism through their impact energy and changing the elemental composition of young planets. Furthermore they may even have brought first quantities of essential elements to many of these planets, starting the evolution of organic life forms.
Zyrrqel had always been a holistic thinking scientist, trying to use interdisciplinary approaches to find explanations for scientific problems. So in his doctoral thesis he wanted to try to approach some big questions of the evolution of the galaxy and the evolution of life in such a manner.

After writing for a few hours, he stood up from his chair and stretched his body. Taking a few steps he moved in front of the small, round cabin window and looked into the darkness of the surrounding space, his compound eyes observing the faint glimmer of the different stars and other celestial bodies visible from there.

There have to be a lot of comets and asteroids in this part of the galaxy. I just have to find a way to find data about their routes and a way to exactly locate them in time and space, so that I can plan out landing operations for the most promising objects.” The Gand was deeply sunken in thought while staring out of the window.

After a few minutes he shrugged his shoulders and turned away, letting his glances wander around the room until they finally lingered on his desk.
I will have to keep writing for the next days and completely work through my papers.” He thought, almost a little disappointed. He couldn’t wait for the interesting field work to come. The last seven years at the Alderaan University filled with theoretical reasoning, reading, writing and learning were fulfilling by all means, but nevertheless Zyrrqel was craving for adventure and exploration away from books and datapads and dusty libraries.

Maybe after we finished this journey Bancho will know more about interesting Krath localities and maybe he will even have found a better ship for me, already, then. I’ll just have to wait a little longer, until I hear from him, I fear.

Shrugging again, he returned to his chair and continued his writing.

Soon the adventure will start, I can already feel it!” These were his last stray thoughts before focusing his mind on the task before him, again.