Training: Kell Barakis [Suspended]

Moderator: Kalzel Gryjiss

Jools Noctru

Training: Kell Barakis [Suspended]

Post by Jools Noctru »

Blue is my Game Master (GM) voice. Please consider everything said in blue to be Out-Of-Character (OOC).

Before we start training, I would like you to post your character background story. Go into as much detail as you like. This is very important, because every character in the Combine needs to know where they come from, and what type of person they are. Once you have posted your background, we will proceed with your training.
Kell Barakis

Re: Training: Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

I posted my biography in the Member Profiles
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

It is important that the people reading your stories know what your character is like, in both personality and appearance. I have read your member profile post, but it's rather short and it does not describe your character's looks. What race is Kell? What skin color, hair color, eye color. Does Kell have a passion? Does he have bad habits? The more detail you put in your character, the more interesting your posts are to read.

Please post a complete character description in this thread (so both biography / history, and a description of Kell's appearance). After that we can begin training.
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

ok

I (kell) am about 5'11 in height, pretty thin in comparison to most people, and I rather charming (as most hapans are) I'm a little tan with dark brown eyes I'm also brown headed . The one thing I love more than meet new and unique people is the trill of flying. I've been told many stories by my family that always end up with me being over confident and eager. I don't like the races that claim there the super-race or think there better. I've come to meet many people but the Krath have been the friendliest so far

oh and my bio was short because I was in a rush and intend to revise and expand it with more adventures. Hope you liked it.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Alright, Kell. Short but powerful I guess. It may be that you yourself don't know a lot about your character yet, but this Training will be able to help you determine what your character is like, and help you develop it.

Please be aware that in most RP scenarios on the Krath forums, we use the third-person past tense to write. This means that you refer to Kell as "Kell" or "he", rather than "I" or "me" (first-person). Also, everything that you talk about has happened in the past. For some examples, please read the Roleplaying Guidelines.

The training consists of a number of situations for you to react to. Unless otherwise stated, these situations do not follow on from one to the next. You will be told what are you are expected to focus on in which section.

In Description and Tone, you must focus entirely on the describing the scene set before you and establishing a tone to the area. Do not worry about combat just yet.

You have landed at the spaceport of a planet in the outer rim that reminds you vaguely of home. It is not too special but it has a lot of people, and for the most part they seem friendly enough. You can hear the sounds of an outdoor market from not too far away, and you notice a grouping of large tents off to the south. There is a sign next to the tents but you can't read it from here. You realize you are hungry as the smells of food reach you from the market and you can only conclude that there are the usual array of bars, restaurants and food vendors in the small town around the spaceport.
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

As Kell step out of the spaceport hey is overwhelmed with an abundance of phenomenal sites,sounds,and smells. After passing a multitude of shop vendors selling goods such as foods,exotic spies, and gleaming gems Kell spots it, a large droid vendor.And right there right then Kell concludes this spaceport is on his to revisit list.

I forgot to mention I have a thing for droids I own 15 lol
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

You have to admit, your post is rather short. You seem to attempt to describe the environment but it requires more detail. For example: you write that Kell passes a "multitude" of shop vendors selling "goods". What kind of shop vendors? Are they friendly? Rude? What "goods" are most of them selling? Is Kell even remotely interested? What "sites" does Kell see? What "sounds" does Kell hear?

Being too generic is not fun for people to read, and you have to understand that writing in Roleplaying can be time-consuming. Please put your best effort into crafting your posts. It is not how quick you finish training, it's how you go about it.

Please let me know if you don't know something, and I will gladly assist you (it's why the Trainers are here!). Now, please make a new post, and try to write as detailed as possible about what is going on. Remember this section is about Description and Tone.

Why does Kell like droids so much? How did he acquire 15 of them? That is stuff that can be very interesting for others to read about. Give it your best shot!
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

Ok

As Kell exited the spaceport he is greeted by an assortment of enchanting sights,smells,sounds,and people.As Kell walked through the vast market he is greeted buy the friendliest of shop vendors calling out there wares and prices. Kell toured around for a while just looking at what the shop keepers had for sale. Kell saw belts, worker coveralls, bacta, many nick-nacks such as coloured sand, gems, and so much more. during Kells gazing he was stop One or two times by friendly locals who asked of his day. After about 3 hour Kell came across something that sparked a memory, just down the street he spotted a vendor selling droids. Kell has had a thing for droids ever since his mom bought the family a RX-Pilot droid. And so as Kell and the shop vendor who is also a droid lover had a friend conversation. Kell decided he should remind himself to comeback to this port,that welcomed him with open arms.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

It's always good to fully describe an area if you're the first one there - it lets other people see the same area you do and helps interaction. It's also an aid to roleplaying in that people can react better to different environments - characters used to fine restaurants can look down their noses at a seedy bar, and people used to the seedy bar might be a little intimidated and out of place in a fine restaurant.

Next will come Player Character (PC) interaction. You are to assume that the Trainers character is an old friend, and react to them accordingly. Remember that you can not control the actions of other PCs.

You are at the bar, ordering another drink when your old friend Skritt Zavv, an aging Geonosian, approaches you and attempts to slap you on the back.

"Hey, buddy, I didn't expect to see you here. How have you been?"
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

Kell sat back drinking a nice Hapan-sunbathe margarita checking his RX-pilot droid's software so he could get home. Kell was just sitting there pondering what hey should do with his life he couldn't stay a pilot forever. Kell just told the barkeep he needs another drink when in the buzz of the voices he hears a familiar voice.

"Hey, buddy, I didn't expect to see you here. How have you been?"
Kell feels a hand on his back "no way" Skritt is that really you man no way. I've been doing great how about you. Care for a drink? Hey barkeep what ever my friend wants to on me.