Training: Kell Barakis [Suspended]

Moderator: Kalzel Gryjiss

Jools Noctru

Re: Training: Kell Barakis

Post by Jools Noctru »

"No way. Skritt is that really you man? No way", Kell sounded stunned.

Skritt neatly folded his wings as he sat down beside the Hapan. The surprised look on Kell's face pleased him. Skritt liked adding some shock-value to his day, and meeting his old friend Kell just did the trick.

Before Skritt could respond, Kell said "Care for a drink? Hey barkeep what ever my friend wants to on me."

Thinking about it, Skritt was getting a bit thirsty. He waved over to the barkeep and ordered a Rodian Ale.

"Thanks, Kell. I appreciate your generosity", Skritt smiled. "And yes. It is really me!"

Skritt examined the RX droid. "Still in love with them droids I see, huh? Have you checked out the droid stalls outside yet?"
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

Hey no problem Skritt anything for my good friend. Kell thought about the young geonosian who used to play rebels and storm-troopers with him on hapes as children. The same geonosian that help him get to Krath.

Yeah, I checked it out, me and the owner had a little chat before I came in. Hey you still got that rust bucket of a YT-1300? Kell faintly remembered riding in a YT-1300 with Skritt on there way to the Shesharile system.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Your responses are good, Kell. You react spontaneous and have good imagination to keep the conversation going. My advice is that you need to work on the style of posting. To avoid confusion, it is important that you indicate if something is spoken or not. Put "quotation marks" around spoken text, and make it bold by putting the 'b' tag around the words:

Code: Select all

[b]"Hey no problem Skritt anything for my good friend."[/b] Kell thought about the young geonosian who used to play rebels and storm-troopers with him on hapes as children. The same geonosian that help him get to Krath.

[b]"Yeah, I checked it out, me and the owner had a little chat before I came in. Hey you still got that rust bucket of a YT-1300?"[/b] Kell faintly remembered riding in a YT-1300 with Skritt on there way to the Shesharile system.
This way, people can separate your characters emotions and description of the surroundings from things that he is saying. We will continue with the conversation, and I want you to use what you have just learned in your next post.

"What!?" Skritt exclaimed in an insect-like manner. "Rust bucket? Yes, I still own that..."

Skritt took a long sip from his Ale. His face twitched a little bit as he washed it down. "It's right outside actually. That... 'rust bucket' served me well, you must remember!"

"So, how do you like being in the Dynasty by the way? Is the pay good? Tell me more, dude"
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

"Yeah Yeah Skritt I remember I'm just messin." Kell thought about the chase the empire gave during the length of there journey through empire space on there way to the Minos Cluster.

"The Krath is great nice a nice group of people."Kell said" And ofcourse my friend Skritt would be wondering about the pay,well its pretty good as a crewman making 10 NC a month is ok with me."Kell remembered back on hapes as a child Skritt always took an interest in his allowance and asked repetitively to borrow money.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

That made me laugh out loud, trying to trashtalk your Trainer huh!? :D

In NPC Interaction, you will focus primarily on the proper ways to interact and do light combat with NPCs. This first section is unmoderated, and you should control your opponents' actions.

The bar suddenly goes quiet and you ignore it. You've been staring at one of the Twi'lek dancers for a nice amount of time, flirting with your eyes and the like so it didn't seem that important to you. Within moments of silence you are suddenly spun around and two very strong hands are able to grab a hold of your throat.

The very large and angered wookie begins to shake you in his grip. You know as well as he that within moments you would die. You hear some shouts of agreement from the cowardly supporters nearby. Things to the effect of "You get 'em!" and "Thatta boy!"

You are in a fix.

"10 Nova's a month, huh? Yeah... fork 'em over, Barakis!" Skritt snarled at Kell.
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

Kell was finally drunk enough to ask the Twi'lek dancer he was staring at out when he felt two strong hand grasp him."10 Nova's a month, huh? Yeah... fork 'em over, Barakis!" Skritt snarled

"Whoa whoa Skritt man it doesn't have to be like this."Kell knew he was in no shape to get out of this situation by force.

"No Barakis it does either you give us the money or consider yourself dead."Kell ponder the situation either lose one pay check or die, he tried to shake lose but it was no use.

"Fine my the Nova's are in my left side jacket pocket, but Skritt I thought we were friend"
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Good. Now repeat the situation, except this time you fight and you win. Be descriptive in what moves you and your opponent (the Wookie) make.
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

Kell was finally drunk enough to ask the Twi'lek dancer he was staring at out when he felt two strong hand grasp him."10 Nova's a month, huh? Yeah... fork 'em over, Barakis!" Skritt snarled
"Whoa whoa Skritt man it doesn't have to be like this."Kell knew he couldn't get out of this situation alone."Rx defensive protocol delta."
Just then the wookie cried out in pain as Kells Rx droid zapped him with a shock baton. Kell felt the wookies grip loosen and he broke loose just in time to give the finishing uppercut.Or so he thought, the wookie took a bar stool and threw it at him. Kell pulled a heavy tool (he was to into the moment to notice what it was and to bent up afterward) out of his bag and wacked the wookie right in the head before it could rip his droid in half.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Very good, Kell. That was quite descriptive and even a bit funny to read the Wookie being owned like that. When roleplaying, just like reading a novel, it is unusual to use (parentheses). In formal texts we use them to explain more about another part of the sentence. In roleplaying they should be avoided however. I do like the fact that you put thought into the "heavy tool" being nondescript. A solution for that sentence could be something like this:
Kell reached for his bag and pulled the first best object he could find. Adrenaline was rushing through his body, he didn't care whatever it was as long as it was big and heavy. Kell dashed forward and wacked the wookie right in the head before it could rip his droid in half.

You are walking through a market. There are vendors left and right, each one trying to sell you something resembling a dead animal, only it all smells really good. The crowd is very thick and you find within moments that you have problems with this. Before the thought even ends you bump into someone who seems to be in a hurry. After the person walks away, you suddenly reach for your credits and realize that they are gone.
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

kell was outraged"HEY YOU GET BACK HERE!!!" Kell pushed through the crowd chasing after the suspisous robed man.The man contiuned to run bumping in to many people which slowed him down.Kell was closing in on him until... BAM! He tripped, Kell got to him just in time pushing him back down with his foot."Wheres my credits?"Kell question the theif he now notices is a Zabrak"No please here take then back."the zabrak handed back the credits.Kell felt generious so he kept the authorities out of this and went Back to shoping.