Training: Fred Berry [Suspended]

Moderator: Kalzel Gryjiss

Jools Noctru

Re: Training: Fred Berry

Post by Jools Noctru »

Skritt rubbed his chin and refolded his wings. He was getting old, perhaps his memory was failing him.

"Well, uhm. I was part of the Marines too, you know. I was a drill instructor for a ground force squad. I'm pretty sure I was there when you first joined the marines. Perhaps you're mixing me up with someone else?"

Skritt shook his head, "Or... I'm just getting a bit forgetful myself."
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred felt puzzled and tried to remember what was going on when he had joined.

"I joined a little over two years ago, and a lot was going on, so many shift changes, squad replacements, I couldn't make out who was where and when."

Fred laughed as he saw the a serving droid approach with their drinks. Fred took his and took a few good sips.

"With all the changes that had happened I don't doubt my memory is a bit bleak."

Fred had pondered that thought a few moments, because he did have trouble remembering the Geonosian, but he didn't want to be wrong, but he knew somehow he was not completely correct. Fred started to think the worst. Maybe Skritt was working for an enemy and was diving for information, but how could Skritt know he was a marine. Fred took an additional moment and remembered that Skritt never mentioned his job.

"Hey Skritt with all this excitement about me, you have not said much about yourself. What have you been up to this past years?"
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Excellent. I think you have PC conversations well handled. Let's move on.
In NPC Interaction, you will focus primarily on the proper ways to interact and do light combat with NPCs. This first section is unmoderated, and you should control your opponents' actions.

Skritt let his eyes scour the bar, then nodded into the direction behind Fred.

The bar suddenly goes quiet and you ignore it. You've been staring at one of the Twi'lek dancers for a nice amount of time, flirting with your eyes and the like so it didn't seem that important to you.

"Oh, I, uh. Y'know. I've been doing a little bit of this and that, really", Skritt clicked nervously.

Within moments of silence you are suddenly spun around and two very strong hands are able to grab a hold of your throat.

The very large and angered wookie begins to shake you in his grip. You know as well as he that within moments you would die. You hear some shouts of agreement from the cowardly supporters nearby. Things to the effect of "You get 'em!" and "Thatta boy!"

You are in a fix.
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred was enjoying his view of the Twi'lek dancer, she moved so well with the beat. Fred knew he was suppose to be listening to Skritt answer his questions but at the same time, he could not pear his eyes off the dancer. That was one of the downfalls he had during school, he never really got to have fun while he was doing his school work. Fred had continued to fantasize as the bar grew quite, though music was still playing.

"Oh, I, uh. Y'know. I've been doing a little bit of this and that, really"

Fred focused back on Skritt, "You sound Nerv..." Fred was quickly turned and slowly getting choked. Fred could barely breath a few words. "Hello Mr. Wookie, nice," Fred coughed, "day, isn't it."

"Nice day for you to die", the Wookie said, as he continued to choke the Ithorian.

Fred was just about to loose conscious when he was able to pry the Wookie's hands off his neck. "Guess i am not dieing today" Fred said with a laugh. Fred than stood up and took his stance across from the Wookie. The Wookie was extremely angered at the lost of his grip, and began plowing through the array of tables and chairs between him and Fred.

Fred watched as the Wookie grew closer and within moments the Wookie took a full charge at Fred. Fred began walking backwards, increasing the distance between him and the Wookie. Fred saw a nearby window and laughed at the thought of a wookie flying out of a window. Fred slowly turned and headed toward the window, and continued walking backwards.

"Stop running away, and face me!" The Wookie exclaimed, "Only a coward would keep walking!

Fred laughted, "I have not stopped starring at you, but if you want me to stop then i will stop." Fred stopped by the window, and as the Wookie approached, he took a quick step to the side. Fred watched as the Wookie ran past him, and flew out the window, shattering the glass. Fred looked out the window to see the beast laying on the ground out side.

Fred walked to the bartender and laid a few credit chips on the table and apologized for the broken window. As the various sentinents in the bar took turns looking out the now broken window, they started laughing. Fred returned to his seat and asked Skritt to continue.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

A good roleplayer knows that things do not always go their way. Repeat the above situation, and this time lose.
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred was enjoying his view of the Twi'lek dancer, she moved so well with the beat. Fred knew he was suppose to be listening to Skritt answer his questions but at the same time, he could not pear his eyes off the dancer. That was one of the downfalls he had during school, he never really got to have fun while he was doing his school work. Fred had continued to fantasize as the bar grew quite, though music was still playing.

"Oh, I, uh. Y'know. I've been doing a little bit of this and that, really"

Fred focused back on Skritt, "You sound Nerv..." Fred was quickly turned and slowly getting choked. Fred could barely breath a few words. "Hello Mr. Wookie, nice," Fred coughed, "day, isn't it."

"Nice day for you to die", the Wookie said, as he continued to choke the Ithorian.

Fred was just about to loose conscious when he was able to pry the Wookie's hands off his neck. "Guess i am not dieing today" Fred said with a laugh. Fred than stood up and took his stance across from the Wookie. The Wookie was extremely angered at the lost of his grip, and began plowing through the array of tables and chairs between him and Fred.

Fred started to move, but before he was able to move to far, the Wookie took charge and was literately plowing through Fred. Fred was gasping for air, and struggling to get a grip on the Wookie. Dam, this wookie has a lot of force behind him, how am I going to take him down? Fred finally managed to grab some hair and rip it off the Wookie. The Wookie stopped in pain, but suddenly picked up Fred and hurled him over the bar table, breaking several bottles of fine wine.

Fred was barely conscious, but managed to watch the Wookie leave the bar, proud to have won the fight. Fred looked up at the angered bartender and fell unconscious. a few hours pasted, and Fred finally awoke to the bartender tending to his wounds.

"That Wookie took a lot of you son," The bartender said in a quite tone, "He comes around often and picks a fight with who ever he deems necessary."

Fred sat up and looked around. the bar was empty and the only people remaining was the bartender and himself. Fred could only apologize for the broken bottles of wine, and proceeded out the door.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Very good, Fred. You have shown capability to deal with both victory and defeat. Let us continue.

You are walking through a market. There are vendors left and right, each one trying to sell you something resembling a dead animal, only it all smells really good. The crowd is very thick and you find within moments that you have problems with this. Before the thought even ends you bump into someone who seems to be in a hurry. After the person walks away, you suddenly reach for your credits and realize that they are gone.
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred Berry was overwhelmed with vendors from the market, the crowd was intense, and all Fred could do was smell the, what appeared to be dead animals, offered to him. Fred was weaving through the crowd to see what other venders had, knowing he could only choose one or two things. Suddenly Fred was bumped from behind and got aggravated, but at last he found something that interested him.

Fred reached for his pocket realizing that it was much lighter and he didn't have nearly what he had brought. Fred looked around and saw a shady fellow running and attempting to escape from sight. Fred assumed this was the person who bumped into him, and stole his credits. Fred had started to pursue this person. The shady being soon bumped into a few other people, with Fred in pursuit. I wonder if he is taking something from them as well? he thought. Fred was almost on top of him when he bumped into a Noghri, who didn't budge so easily. Within moments the shady fellow was on the ground and the Noghri scanned his body with his eyes. Fred stopped instantly, and just observed what the Noghri was doing, thinking he was looking for something, Fred didn't want to interrupt him.

The Noghri Took a few things off the unconscious body, and then left. Fred assumed the items the Noghri took belonged to him, but Fred wasn't about to question his luck. He approached the shady figure, and it turned out to be a Gran. Fred looked into the many pockets, and soon found the credits that were most likely his. Fred returned to the market, and to his surprise, no one seemed to care about the pursuit that had just occurred. The vendors still took their time attempting sell the dead animals to Fred, and Fred continually ignored them.

"I am not interested in your particular item."
"You must try it, its one of the best in the lands."

The arguments continued with various vendors, but one item had caught Fred's attention. Fred saw what appeared to be a Garral, and it smelled really well. Fred walked up to the vendor and asked for a price.

"My, that smells really good."
"It should, it is freshly imported."
"How much you selling it for?"
"I cant let this go less than 200 credits."
"I will give you 100 credits for it." Fred quickly bargained.
"175 or take your business elsewhere." The vendor stated, unwillingly.

Fred wanted the Garral, so he was happy to get the vendor down to 175, but was rather irritated at the attitude he put off. Fred paid the vendor, and took the newly acquired meal and headed back to his ship. Fred was at peace, he was able to accomplish a bit, and was not free to relax and enjoy the Garral meal.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

As discussed on IRC, you know Ithorians are herbivores. But in terms of training you have passed this section. I just want to make you aware that in Krath scenarios, coloring words is restricted to the Game Master. You should make it apparent who is talking through the use of words rather than colors. Please incorporate this into any next posts you make.

In Action & Light Combat you will be given a few situations and you must respond with your combat only. This section is moderated and the NPCs are under the control of the Trainer. Remember to be reasonable and that adding a tense tone to the fight would probably be best. This is what it will be like in an actual Krath Scenario. We won't necessarily RP all of these situations to their conclusion, but we'll get accustomed to combat.

As you step back, you feel the cold of the wall behind you. You are trapped now and escape is the dim light at the end of the tunnel. There are two men advancing upon you, each with their own form of cutlery that has your name on it. You have only seconds to decide what to do.
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred was terrified by the approaching men with blades. Fred started to panic, because he knew his reaction time was short. Fred noticed a gap in the middle of the two approaching beings and attempted to roll right through the middle, then draw his blaster and alternate his aim between the two beings while moving backwards toward the dim light.

Action: get on the other side of the men and move backward toward the light with blaster in hand.