Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Re: Training: Correl Freehand

Post by Calgor Grim »

Mr freehand, do you wish to resume?
Corbin Freehand

Post by Corbin Freehand »

Standing back Correl hopes that nobody sees the adrenaline shaking his legs are giving him, he is glad to have the staff to lean on to keep it from showing too much. Although seeing the cowled figure still does not make him any more comfortable as this one may just decide to knock him down anyway. But by his words it seems he is taking a stand for him.

Looking at the big man who seems to be ready to attack again but seeing also maybe a spark of recognition in the words spoken to him by this unknown person. Hopefully that is what it is! Correl suppresses the urge to run just in case.

Waiting patiently but alertly hopefully not shaking too much to show with the robes he is wearing. Correl watches the big man carefully for any sign of continuing.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

Hmm...interesting. Ok Mr Freehand, now in a deviation from the usual training I'm going to add an extra twist. Freestyle RP. You are free to set the scenery, I will be reacting and guiding if I feel it goes off track. Basically I will be involving myself in this, I just want to see what you can do when its you that has control over the setting to see if you have GM potential as well. :)
Corbin Freehand

As bars go this one was more lively than others Correl had been in. It had a live band for one thing which made it a little more tolerable than others only after the musicians finished setting up their instruments. Correl had picked the table in the back corner out of paranoia and also for the view of the door that it gave him. The other reason was that the back door was also right between his table and the stage the musicians were playing at.

Observing the other patrons some of them having been there before him. He noticed that most of them were of the miner type variety. They were of all shapes and sizes, most of them wearing similar jumpsuits that had the pockets everywhere for the odd and ends that they seemed to pick up everywhere.

Where in Krayt space is this contact?! Correl wondered irritatedly having waited for more time than he usually spent planet side at any one time. I hope they get here soon, otherwise this was a wasted trip for some valuable information on Black Sun.

So Correl sat and listened to the music that was actually quite good and calming which was a switch from most other bars, but looking around he realized why it was set for calming. Most of the miners seemed intent on sitting alone just like he was doing.

Yes you could already be there watching me to see what I do as the contact either as a patron, and or the musicians, or you could come in shortly. How you enter or approach is all up in the air. Which makes it fun and intriguing. Now the fun begins.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

A bartender approached, from a quick glance he was obviously falleen, slightly dark scaled skin with hair tied back behind him. He was in smartened black robes down to the ground holding a small grey disc like tray with a few empty mugs and glasses scattered across it.

"Would you like a beverage sir?" slowly spoke the figure. Clear and concise over the noise of the crowd. He approached behind Mr Freehand, standing to his left side, tray still in hand and datapad in another.
Corbin Freehand

Watching the falleen bar person in full robes approach Correl leans back and moves his hand closer to his holster for quick defense if necessary.

"Would you like a beverage sir?" The Falleen asked which was not much in the way of deception seeing as he did have a tray with empty drinks on it, but the datapad made Correl a little nervous.

“um...yes Vitajuice please.” Correl said after a moment of thought knowing it would be a non-alcoholic drink that he knew the taste of very well. And it was hard to poison as it was because of that.

Correl relaxed just a little seeing that the Falleen was not what he thought at first. The Falleen actually was part of the staff. And the datapad was just that and for taking orders. Still he kept his hand on his DL-56 in it's holster just to be safe. He hated having to be this paranoid especially with no ship close at hand.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

"Very good sir...I shall see to it right away and provide you exactly what you require."

The man scribbled something down on the datapad and turned on his heel towards the door. Before he left though, waiting for the clerics eyes to wander away, the waiter placed his datapad down upon the table, face up, cover slightly ajar.
Corbin Freehand

Watching the barman leave to take his order Correl does not notice at first the datapad laying on the table. By the time he does it is already too late the man has left without a trace that he was ever there.

Great! Just what I need to get caught with another's datapad! Correl contemplates leaving it but realizes belatedly this might be his contact.

Wouldn't this just be lovely and I miss the message altogether. Correl kicks himself for not thinking faster. It's this secrecy that is getting to me.

Seeing that is was already open Correl leans over and pulls it closer without being noticed and opens it enough to read what was last written.