Training: Correl Freehand

Moderator: Kalzel Gryjiss

Ganner Groundrunner

Re: Training: Correl Freehand

Post by Ganner Groundrunner »

"I assure you, I dont know what you are talking about." Jorax said quietly as he regarded Correl with sympathetic eyes. The golden hue was bright, but the rest of his face had a tired, haggard look to it. "And you smell like a Bantha." He sat back a moment and scanned the bar before leaning back in. "Look, there are shady dealing on this planet, but im not sure what you heard. People need to make credits, but its not always the honest work that pays the bills."

Jorax tilted his head slightly as the Bartender approached and asked for an order. He waved his hand when the tender looked in his direction. "Arconan wine? You trying to butter me up for something old friend?"
Corbin Freehand

Post by Corbin Freehand »

((yes for me had to do the continuity thing, sorry,but sounds better reading))

"I assure you, I don't know what you are talking about." Jorax said quietly as he regarded Correl with sympathetic eyes. The golden hue was bright, but the rest of his face had a tired, haggard look to it. "And you smell like a Bantha." He sat back a moment and scanned the bar before leaning back in. "Look, there are shady dealing on this planet, but im not sure what you heard. People need to make credits, but its not always the honest work that pays the bills."

As he listened to his friend speaking he noticed little things that none but a friend would know from growing up together. Jorax showed all the signs of being in control and feeling safe by the way he sat with his back to the door. The wave of his hand. How he never once looked around the room to see who was around. So he noticed when Jorax gave signals to whoever was watching. Unfortunately, it was still unknown as to who was his backup. But a good guess would be the Wookies. Because if it was he knew it was only going to get rough after Jorax headed out.

My friend if you do that to me, I am going to give you some payback! He thought to himself as he remembered watching Jorax do the same thing several times to thieves back home.

“The work I am doing requires me to look and smell this way. You know me.” Grimacing in memory. “Not by choice would I be looking this way.” He stated with a smile knowing Jorax should remember about the need to be clean for him.

Just then, the bartender came up and asked in a bottom of the barrel voice,”Drinks for ya? Or food ya want?” He stood there and waited for the order.

“Arconan wine, thank you.” He replied quickly as he glanced at his friend to see if he was going to order anything.

Jorax tilted his head slightly as the Bartender approached and asked for an order. He waved his hand when the tender looked in his direction. "Arconan wine? You trying to butter me up for something old friend?"

Damnit Jorax! Give me something! He thought to himself. You know I hate this double talk.

“Butter you up? No, it is for me. 'I know' two things about 'you'. One you have your little 'plan' of how to get 'me' out of here or 'out' of your 'way'. Two your hoping to 'do' so in such a 'way' as to think it was just an 'old' random barfight.” He said with a sigh. Hoping that Jorax heard the words.

“Jorax, I have to ask, you a question I know I shouldn't have to ask, but, Are you part of the slave trade going on here? I've got to know my friend, as my orders are to try and stop it or call in the heavy hitters.” He tried not to sound plaintive, but he had been stressed beyond normal the last few days of his search.
Ganner Groundrunner

Post by Ganner Groundrunner »

Jorax shook his head slowly, taking in all the words his friend just said. His face seems to pull down around the edges around his mouth. The glitter in his golden eyes seemed to dim just a little.

"My old friend. I wish things would have been easier. I really shouldn't even be talking to you right now. Only reason I have, is to let you know your cover has been blown." Jorax said in a barely audible voice. He looked around the bar slightly before beginning again. "You are in danger here and should probably just get back on your ship while you still can. I don't know how much longer I can stall them coming for you." Something caught Jorax's attention just then and stood up quickly and started shouting. "Im not that kind of guy buddy... you can take your frilling wine and just go find a bantha to bed with!" He then slapped the glass of wine, drew a knife and began to haunch back a bit into a fighting stance.
Corbin Freehand

Damn! I knew it! I thought I had been unobtrusive. He thought depressingly. But upon hearing his friends advice he knew there was very little time and also seeing his friend check the room he knew he was being watched.

"Im not that kind of guy buddy... you can take your frilling wine and just go find a bantha to bed with!" He then slapped the glass of wine, drew a knife and began to hunch back a bit into a fighting stance.

Taking a quick look around the room he noticed that several of the patrons seemed interested but not enough to get involved. I hate this part of the charade of spy work! He thought to himself miserably. He also noticed that his friend has left enough room to make a feint and run, but he wasn't entirely sure if that would work. But he knew he had to take the bait or something worse was coming.

He smiled at the thought of the excitement his friend was trying to invoke in him. Damn! He still knows what will get me up and moving! He thought to himself.

“Bantha to bad! Is that all you can come up with you over-grown Jawa!” He stated in a drunken slur as best he could. While he was standing up drawing his datapad in what he hoped was a good drunken stagger. “You couldn't find one who would want you for a...a...playmate!” He said in a good imitation of drunken belligerence as he could while he waved his datapad as a knife.

He smiled at his friend and gave him a quick wink. Tossing his datapad toward a group at a table and yelled,”A BOMB! Look out!” As he said this he turns to sprint for the backdoor only a few feet away. Hoping his friend will only half heartedly give chase.

While turning it came to him in a flash that his friend was working the same thing but from the inside.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Hello Correl. Would you like to continue your RP training?
Corbin Freehand

As long as your up for it, yes. As I think Ganner seems to have had less time recently. Not worried though as I know life does take precedence over games.

Again, yes I would. Just read up on what has gone before to see how I write.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

The last couple of sentences in your latest post were in the incorrect tense. For the rest, it was a good read between you and Ganner. I feel it's time to move on to the next section. I will do my best to incorporate the current setting, but bear in mind Jorax is Ganner's training character, an invention of his mind, so it will be hard for me to imitate his exact motives.

In NPC Interaction, you will focus primarily on the proper ways to interact and do light combat with NPCs. This first section is unmoderated, and you should control your opponents' actions.

Jorax manages to exit the bar, closely followed by you. However, before you reach the exit, the Wookie next to it jumps up from his seat and blocks your way out. You run straight into him and the very large and angered Wookie begins to shake you in his grip. You know as well as he that within moments you would die. There appears to be no sign of Jorax.

You are in a fix.
Corbin Freehand

Dang it! Where did this Wookie come from! Correl thought disparagingly to himself for not seeing this Wookie. Realizing this, Correl knows that Wookies are strong but not that strong, so thinking fast he kicks his legs up to wrap them around both Wookies arms hooking his feet back under the Wookies arms and straightening his legs against the inside shoulder of the Wookies arms. Which will hopefully force the Wookie to either let go and drop him or suffer breakage of shoulders or arms. At least that is Correl's hope.
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Very good. You are showing traits of knowing how to handle moderated combat. We're currently in the first section of NPC Interaction, which is unmoderated. Please control your opponents actions for now. Make sure you win this fight.
Corbin Freehand

This human is smart. His legs might actually break my arms or be a match for my strength. The Wookie thought. Realizing he had seconds before the pressure would do either of those things he gave a roar and let go and shoved the human towards the ground and kept pushing on the chest of the human.

Finally he lets go! Oh great he would shove me toward the ground! Well at least he is following me all the way to the floor, probably hoping to put me through it! Correl thought mordantly, Well there is only one way out of this, and lets hope he is as angry as he is showing. Correl thought sourly to himself.

Grabbing the Wookies wrists and riding the massive paws and arms that were pushing him down to the ground Correl extends his legs down to the Wookies belly in the hopes of shoving him over his head when he hits the ground using the Wookies own arms as the leverage point and the belly as the push point. when he crashes into the ground with the Wookie following closely. Hopefully without being knocked unconscious.

I did it! Correl thought but also, why can I not breath or move well? Trying to move felt like lighting fires in his lungs. Then it hit him! Dang it! The Wookies strength and weight slammed down on my chest, no wonder I cannot breath, I got punched by a Wookie! Correl realizes his mistake was not what he did but that Wookies actually had some rather long arms. And to add insult to injury seeing he had put his opponent at least down for a moment. A couple of other Wookies, possibly friends of the one just downed were coming to pick him up. And that was when blackness hit him.