Training: Iorus Lion

Moderator: Kalzel Gryjiss

Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Training: Iorus Lion

Post by Calgor Grim »

Ok Iorus, this is your training session and I will be your GM. Let's go through some basics and ground rules. Anything in blue like this is my GM voice. Anything I say in this should be considered out of character. Note that you should avoid using colours yourself where possible. Good practice is to make use of bold and italics. Bold obviously being useful for speech and things you say, italics being for things in your head.

What we're going to do is I'd like to get you started with basic descriptions and setting a scene. What I'd like is if you could just explain your character to me. Give me some understanding of what your character is like and their background. It can be in the form of a report, it can be a story of yourself...essentially paint me a picture of what Iorus Lion is like. Go!
:)
Iorus Lion

Re: Training: Iorus Lion

Post by Iorus Lion »

Childhood and youth of Iorus

I am a Cathar. I come from a long line of shamans in my home planet, my father being one of the advisors of almost every Cathar in my village. He was not very kind to me, but I loved him, as a son loves his father.

I wasn't the typical male Cathar, always believing Kiltik hunt would make him more powerful, more attractive, more like a god. I knew since the first time I saw one, power resided in books. The first one that came into my hands was a herbalist treaty, property of my father, and I didn't cease to read it, one time after the other, until I was full of knowledge and while I was at it, my father grew angrier and angrier, maybe it was just jealousy for my ability to learn, maybe it was because I didn't deserve his own life for my future.

I grew teen, and was good at hunting, despite my childhood surrounded by books, but continued to read and collect knowledge wherever I could. So, I was sager than other males in my tribe, and some villagers came seeking my advice, just the son of a shaman, and my father couldn't stand it. His own reputation was at stake. He became darker, and started to beat me frequently. He used to say:"Why can't you be like any other Cathar? Why should you be without friends and always reading? What do you want to achieve?"

At the mayority of age, which for us Cathars is 16, I fled from home, not able to withstand my father's abuses anymore. I learned how to pilot a ship from a humble human, an old man, who told me one thing I would never forget, about the inmensity of the galaxy and its infinite opportunities. "Be as you may, but don't hurt others, galaxy is wide, and everyone could make a decent living". I didn't believe him, of course.

I have been wandering the galaxies ever since, surviving as I could, smuggling if needed be, until the day I found the Order.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

A strong start, you seem to have embraced the character development and understanding. If you want to go into more detail on your character you can, else we'll move onto your next scenario. Before I begin though, I'd like to know about your current character and their aspirations. So keep this in character, I'd like you to just go over your goals, your routine and this will allow me to tailor your next section to your character specifically.
Iorus Lion

Post by Iorus Lion »

Journey to Shesharile and Dargah Seikah

On my errands across the galaxy, I arrived to a city full of mystery, known as Shesharile. I tried to survive there, through begging, stealing, smuggling and other actions which are best to be kept unknown. Mine was a life went to waste, at nights, I thought about what would be my reason to be here, what would be my destiny.

Everything seemed to be black as a crow's feather, dark as the darkest night. I wasn't happy among the Cathar, and my errands didn't report me any benefit. I was leading a miserable life, without purpose. Even my curiosity had went down the drain, and I used to be an active reader, but I had only seen mysery, if it were not for...

Three years before, I made some interesting meetings in another sector, in another planet. I saw combat and dance. They were fighting and I couldn't understand what I saw. One of the contenders was wearing white, and the other black. They were fighting to death, but something strange surrounded them. Something I didn't know what it was, until somebody told me later of the force, and a millenary war being fought between the jedi and the sith.

I was delighted with the stories of this character, he told me about balance and the ways of Krath. I met him in the outer wall of Shesharile, as he was collecting herbs for who knows what purpose. I kept coming every morning to hear his tales about Satal Keto and Thraken Solo, and was delighted. I got to become an acquaintance of him, and then a friend.

Surprised was I when he told me he was Dargah, one of the lords of the Order of Krath. He told me: "Krath needs strong people, and you have a destiny to fulfill".

So, I joined the Order, and started to know every one of the old, the new, the not so new members. And first time in my life I felt accepted, even if I didn't understand fully the ways of Krath, as Cathar believe in the power of nature and have their own gods.

I started piloting and moving ships, every day and whitout any pause. But I secretly had the desire of being like the heroes in the tales I heard now seems so long ago.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

Lets get this party started, basic descriptives and scene setting. I'm going to drop you in a setting. I want you to explain the situation to me, explain to me what the area is like and some basic actions. After this we'll move onto interactions and combat.

So your situation is this, you're being dropped into Kathol, Demonsgate specifically. Do a look up of what it's like if you could. You have arrived on the starport at Demonsgate and have errands to do. You dont quite know where you need to be but we will work on that later.
Iorus Lion

Post by Iorus Lion »

Iorus in the planet of fire

I descended from my ship into the starport, a gigantic and rectangular shaped building with walls painted in grey and white, a huge Krath logo engraved in each one of them. A crowded place from the point of view of a humble villager. Ships came and went, and some tourists were specially interested in a new model of Y-wing while a salesman was shouting from a platform its exceptionals properties. I was fascinated.

It was one of the biggest starports I have ever seen, and I realized I couldn't find my way through such a vast area. There was a cantine, where travellers could refresh themselves after long hyperspace travels, and multiple shops. Repair shops, goods and almost every kind of merchandise could be found there, from pieces for repairing your ship, to tables for furnishing, or food to take along on lenghty flights. My smuggling experience told me there was some other business going on there, suitcases changing owners, glances exchanged and hands shaked.

I finally reached one of the many exits the building had just to find a completely different scene. The dense atmosphere surrounded me in Krath Holy city as I heard enormous volcanoes erupting nearby, out of the walls. The toxic gases and the noise of all its inhabitants made me feel dizzy and I had to reach for my backpack and use a rag I found to cover my face. I was in the surface of Demonsgate, also called the fire planet. And what a sight it was. The holy temple was a place where you could feel an inexplicable aura, masses of pilgrims arriving from all corners of the galaxy to present their respects to their god. Alongside, the mines. Machines busy extracting mineral, making a sound that could compete in loudness with the eruptions.

But I couldn't stop myself admiring all the marvels Demonsgate had to offer, as I was there for other reasons.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

Good start, I'd like to move this on a bit. Continue your exploration of this city if you could, we'll move onto interactions in this next one. I'd like you to head to a building of your choice for your first errand. Again some descriptions will be needed.
Iorus Lion

Post by Iorus Lion »

The medical store

I walked across the long streets of Krath Holy city, the temple avenue, with holy buildings on the sides. Each one of the buildings gave an impression of spiritual conscience, of prayers to Krath spoken there, of hope, of peace, of security for relatives or for oneself. I couldn't resist the need to pray, and I just hoped for Krath to guide and help me on my mission, though I gave also a prayer to Mother Nature afterwards. One of the godesses we, Cathar race, adore in our origin planet.

I entered the commercial district, not far from the temple avenue, and began to examine the shops that came before my eyes. Weapons shops, ships shops, medical stores, bars, cantines, hotels. I thought there were too many shops for a holy city, though I understood Krath followers had to make a living, for them as well as for pilgrims. I began wandering about the street, no specifical place to go.

Then I saw the medical store, that contrasted with other shops I've seen by its cleanliness. A white shop, inmaculated, with a medical logo on the façade and on the other side of its huge window, a display of medical products, such as Bacta patches, syringes, pills and some books about medical treatment. The door opened automatically while I passed by, complementing the image of luxury and sanitation the store already had. I went into it.

The interior was as clean as the exterior, white and neat. It seemed like they had disinfected the walls. It was a small shop, with a counter and a door that probably lead to a small warehouse.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

Splendid choice. Ok now we go for light NPC interactions. I will be taking the roll of an NPC in this setting and you will be reacting and raising queries/questions etc for me.

A short human male shuffled over, barely four foot high he stared up at the tall Cathar. With a slight nasal tone to his voice he coughed slightly for attention. He was dressed in a white lab coat, some small glasses stood on the end of his long pointed nose.

"Excuse me sir, what can I do for you here? What brings you to my place of medical salvation? Are you also here because of the fever that seems to be affecting unbelievers to the will of Krath?" A slight smile on his mouth.
Iorus Lion

Post by Iorus Lion »

I looked surprised at the little man, but my external expression didn't show any visible change. I then said: "Excuse me if I haven't heard the last news, my name is Iorus. Mind giving me your name? That way we can have a more formal conversation, if you know what I mean. It seems you are in the mood to talk, can you tell me more about that strange fever you were talking about?"