[The Expedition] The Trophies of Kuros vol’zog (IC)

Set up your own scenarios here. Creativity is warmly welcomed, so don't hold back.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly In-Character. Please refrain from making any Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts that break the flow and immersion. Create an OOC thread for your Scenario if you need a place to discuss things Out-Of-Character.
Finar Ambrose

Re: [The Expedition] The Trophies of Kuros vol’zog (IC)

Post by Finar Ambrose »

Finar nodded at his fellow Diathim, pleased to see another aboard his same ship, and a pilot even. Responding in kind he spoke to his fellow angelic being's mind, "By the will of the great god Krath I have been granted a higher form. To better serve his will and bring forth his balance to the universe. Tell me friend, do you know what mission we are about to set off on?"
Corbin Freehand

Post by Corbin Freehand »

"No Diathem am I, only a humble pilot. Besides," Correl points to his female Klatoonian companion,"she would hurt me to prove that I wasn't." Correl stated to his fellow priest. Looking around and seeing all the ground pounders he realizes this run might end up getting him shot at. A prospect that excited him yet frightened him at the same time.

"I am needed in the pilots seat, you better strap in and hope we have a competent group of pilots on board!" Correl states enthusiastically while heading up to the cockpit area.

Hearing the bellow from the cockpit Correl hurries to let the other pilot know that he is the last on board.
Mandro Fluke
Tribune
Tribune

Post by Mandro Fluke »

The holoprojecter bleeped and finnaly displayed some form of briefing and a target, an old fortress. he sighed and looked over to Abdu, who had stopped dealing the cards " looks like battle droids tand droidekas again to me mate" Mandro said
"lost our entire squad last time sir, and unless the 2nd ship is magicly holding a platoon I doubt this is gonna go well." Abdu replied quietly. Mandro nodded and looked to shades and said "im afraid were gonna have to go do a double check on our equipment. we will have to play you later" he nodded at Abdu and began moving towards a less occupied section to start taking his a280 apart
Grevendar Togl

Post by Grevendar Togl »

Seeing the ramps not closing, Verdre decided to check his backup equipment. He drew simple knives from hidden sheaths strapped to his wrists, presumably because combat knives were too bulky and would be clearly seen. As it was, these knives were a little thinner to improve their concealability. Checking their sharpness, he resheathed them. Reaching behind his back, he retrieved another knife with care and checked its blade too. Once that was also returned, he removed a mini headset from his belt and put it just underneath his ear. A small microphone protruded from it towards his mouth.

Opening his medkit, he stowed all the gear he has hastily pushed into it in an organised and stable manner, before removing the laser scapel and placing it in a small compartment in the kit that opened directly to the exterior. Bacta Refills were arranged and a single refill loaded into the deploy mechanism with a roll of maybe a dozen bacta patches packed alongside. Unzipping and rezipping each compartment on his belt to check his supplies and spare room, it was clear Verdre was nervous about having signed up to this mission, even as a simple medic.

Responding to Kal in a small burst of thought, Verdre tried to make sense of everything. "I agree ner vod, may I ask if we are ready to leave? It seems our main pilot is taking a fresher break.."
Qardin Fal-cona

Post by Qardin Fal-cona »

Their game off cards was interrupted by a holomessage.
"Greetings loyal servants of Krath. I Lord Preceptor En Sabah Nur of the Order of Krath and Krath Ruling Council am sending this transmission to you, the volunteers for the expedition to uncover the much rumoured treasures of Kuros vol’zog. Along with this holo recording, you will receive an encrypted data file containing a mission briefing to outline the objectives of the expedition and to give you some background information on what to expect once planetside.

May Krath guide you to glory!"

It was the tall stature of En, the lord preceptor of the Krath. Qardin left the cards as they were and checked his datapad. He saw extra info being downloaded on the electrical device. One of the tabs opened the topography of Empress Teta. He saw some settlements marked in red, which he saw was correlated with the Empire. Qardin flinched. He has had dealing with the Galactic Empire before and he wasn't looking forward to having them again. His previous faction was rather neutral and now he had to face the largest faction in the galaxy. He checked the newly opened tab for extra info on where they were heading. He faced the others.

"Well, i guess you guys will have to count on me for taking you to the destination." Q chuckled. He saw behind the heads that were facing him the ramps that were closing, they were finally heading off. He did notice that some of his newly met collegues weren't there.

*Perhaps they're coming late, with their own ship* Qardin thought.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

Board Moderation Intervention: Post by Myrhrai Isalia Rosiir moved to the appropriate OOC thread for this roleplay following a report raised.
Kal Ordoson

Post by Kal Ordoson »

Kal sat in the cockpit and felt his Diathim friend touch his mind and opened himself to the comunication.

~By the will of the great god Krath I have been granted a higher form. To better serve his will and bring forth his balance to the universe. Tell me friend, do you know what mission we are about to set off on?~ Finar responded.

Kal thought for a moment about the faith of the other and his trust in his god. Kal began checking his monitors and trying to remember something from his past, anything at all, but nothing would come. Shaking his head Kal turned and looked back at the newly changed sentient.

~This one only knows we are in search of the stronghold of an ancient Krath lord, the coordinates are in the ship computer. The destination looks like a place called the Empress Teta system. This one know nothing more.

Kal had not even finished turning in his seat before Verdre saidI agree ner vod, may I ask if we are ready to leave? It seems our main pilot is taking a fresher break. Kal did not so much speak in return as simply send the emotion of understanding and moved to the main pilot seat. The his long fingers swept over the controls adjusting settings. The he closed the boarding ramp and fired the main thrusters. Kal opened a channel to the main flight control station.

This is the KMS Koros requesting flight authorization.

Kal waited for the automated response and after recieving it, gracefully lifted off and headed for orbit. Kal had learned to pilot from one of the best Mandalorian fighter pilots in the galaxy and his flying showed the trappings of a combat pilot more than a transport pilot. As he headed for orbit he thought about his missing past and his only memories being of a salty Mandalorian man in green armor. Then deciding the silence was deffening opened the intercom to the main troop area.
Hello, fellow werda. This one is Kal, we have some open staions in communications, scanning, co-pilot and gunner positions. If any can fill these rolls please do so at your earliest oportunity.

Darkness will always flee from the light, but even light can not penetrate Beskar. -Ordo
Grevendar Togl

Post by Grevendar Togl »

Standing, Verdre decided to honour he ages old calling as an officer in the Mandalorian Navy..standing he moved to the co-pilots position and sat down next to the scaly Barabel.

"Seems fitting the Mando's should pilot everyone into warfare, I'm a good pilot, just not so great at shooting."

taking in the controls, he started fiddling with what the displays showed him and began getting up to speed on the unfamiliar ship controls. Dialling up the ship manuals, he began reading the advanced piloting section, keen to learn the specific nature of this ship compared to the ones he was familiar with..
Dave Zahoff

Post by Dave Zahoff »

Laughing at the rush of the other pilot, he starts to turn everything on.
"Unless you have a strong reason, friend, I'll be primary pilot for now. Do you need the rest of the briefing, or are you okay rushing into this both tardy and blind?"
Corbin Freehand

Post by Corbin Freehand »

As Correl enters the cockpit he hears the other pilot laugh and state,"Unless you have a strong reason, friend, I'll be primary pilot for now. Do you need the rest of the briefing, or are you okay rushing into this both tardy and blind?"

Correl stops and takes a breath nods and takes the copilots seat. "No, I am fine with the briefing, I was instructed by the Lord Perceptor himself, so I have the full briefing." Hunching his shoulders he sets to work getting the navigation set and running properly.