Request a training

Moderator: Kalzel Gryjiss

Mako Dalsett

Re: Request a training

Post by Mako Dalsett »

I would like some rp training if I could.
Kester Messair

Post by Kester Messair »

I guess I will try it out.
Namene Damodar Boenn

Post by Namene Damodar Boenn »

This is definitely something I'd be looking to undertake once/if I become a fully fledged member of the Order and the Dynasty. I do in the meantime need some advice that I'd consider fundamental to immersing myself in the Combine, playing my character to the absolute optimum and need to complete before I could begin any further training.

So... I began today writing a character Biography and it has become a short story (good or bad thing I can't decide yet), a story that I feel is pretty exciting and gives plenty of depth to my character. However my problem begins to derive from finding valid references for the background - names, places, races in particular are presenting me the most trouble.
This is probably the most extensive piece of fiction I've written for over 12 years so coupled with a rusty imagination and a lack of knowledge around the immensity of the Combine I'm quickly becoming disgruntled. I've been reading our forums, the SWC forums, the Holocron etc. but I'm still worried that the names and races I put in will not fit. Can anyone point me towards a site/s, other Biogs, anything at all that might give me a hand in getting this right.

Hope you don't mind the post here, it seemed the most appropriate place to ask.

Much Love
Namene
En Sabah Nur

Post by En Sabah Nur »

Wookieepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Krath has a bit about our canon history, which is what we were originally based on, but we have evolved over the years to what we are now. Technically canon characters shouldn't be referenced, but seeing how SWC is set around the same time as the original 3 Star Wars films and the origins of Krath were a long time before that our founders referenced them. You should also be able to find information about your homeworld and race to flesh things out a bit more. I'm not sure of where else you should look, but maybe somebody else does know.
Namene Damodar Boenn

Post by Namene Damodar Boenn »

Indeed I've incorporated my own key racial points into my story, I was worried if I plump for example a Hutt in my story when I'm in an outer system like Wyl, that they'll be argument 'X' race couldn't ever be in 'Y' system because of bla, bla, bla, etc.

I'm going to try not to worry about it too much, finish up the story asap and get it published on my Biog. If it ends up sucking I will just have more points to learn from going forward, and It can always be amended ;)
En Sabah Nur

Post by En Sabah Nur »

You should be ok as long as you don't make outrageous claims like being directly descended from somebody like Exar Kun or some such thing.
Cuyan Hulo
Lord Aedile
Lord Aedile

Post by Cuyan Hulo »

I would like to request a training. :)
Kell Barakis

Post by Kell Barakis »

hey jools im back could i get my training unsuspended
Jools Noctru

Post by Jools Noctru »

Unsuspended!

Lezzaro, you're training thread is added.
Phaedra Thester

Post by Phaedra Thester »

Hi Jools. Add me to the list of grunts, por favor.