Exocron Ceremony

Set up your own scenarios here. Creativity is warmly welcomed, so don't hold back.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly In-Character. Please refrain from making any Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts that break the flow and immersion. Create an OOC thread for your Scenario if you need a place to discuss things Out-Of-Character.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Re: Exocron Ceremony

Post by Calgor Grim »

Grim could hear the ceremony going off inside. He was late...very late. "Damnit why couldnt I have learned force stealth?" He stood outside taking a deep breath. The two huge doors were before him, guards were also present outside the door. Lady Grim was next to him, holding his hand. "Go in there, use that calm you know you can manage. You'll be fine." A quick hug later and she stepped forward to the guard. A flash of an ID badge and she entered the hall, a few stares in that direction.

He closed his eyes took a deep breath, reciting the speech in his head. Opening the eyes, a slow breath out, he straightened the posture, put on the stern importance face he usually had to use for such occasions, straightened the armour (again) and strode towards the huge double doors. "Identify please?" One of the guards was giving him a harsh stare. He reached into his pocket only to find, to his horror, it was missing. "Damn, my ID is in her bag and she's inside! This is not my day" he thought.

"I had it a moment ago..." Still checking multiple pockets, the guard was drawing close, hand dangerously close to a weapon. "Eugh, plan B" "You don't need to see my identification. I am host of this facility. I look the part, I have security clearance to this station and you trust me enough that you dont need to see my identification. You know me anyway..." Grim was stealthily moving a hand in front of the guards face.
"Director Grim, sorry I didnt recognise you for a moment, go on in." The guard lowered his weapon and saluted.

Opening the huge doors, Grim stepped through into the hall. Striding down the central pathway, he saw the many bowed heads of guests, and the figure of the Lord Preceptor standing on the stage. A few had noticed, a few giggles from the audience at the lateness ofthe co-hosts arrival. He managed to catch the Lord Preceptors eye as he was walking up, giving a quick nod and a thumbs up as he went up the steps to the side of the podium. Turning to the Thyferran, he smiled and stepped up to address him and the audience.

"Thank you Lord Preceptor En Sabah Nur. That was wonderful. Apologies I could not be here for the start of proceedings. Certain unforseen events decided to play their hand. I think Krath is testing me so much this time, I hope it's a pass.

I would like to start off by saying a hearty welcome to all our guests here present. I first address the members of the Ruling Council here present today; Grand Seneschal Frezt Raleigh, First Lord Ganner Groundrunner, Fleet Marshal Uthar Ridian, Chief Justice Dargah Sheika. Thank you all for taking time out of your busy schedules to attend this event. Apologies have been sent from Grand Master Tapar Craken who has been unable to attend but has sent a holocron of himself to at least give the impression he's available. So for those of you who are wondering, he's not dead he's just unavailable!

And I would also like to say welcome to our Marines whom I see have emptied half of the bar. Well done gents...and ladies. Finally though a welcome to every single Krathian present, you are the core of the Dynasty and we wouldn't be where we are today without loyal, dedicated hardworking people like you.

Now for the reason we are here. Today is a celebration of Krath and what we have achieved for a start. In the many years of Kraths history we have continued to expand and develop as truly a significant power in the Galaxy. We are at a critical point where we can really seize a lot of ground here and really assert our position a lot more so we cannot and will not miss this opportunity. Every Krathians work is vital, not just what the Ruling Council do with treaties and diplomacy but also the Dynasty Council when we make plans to improve Dynasty methods and practices even others. For example Mr Freehand whom I believe I spy at the back is an effective administrator and excellent at overseeing some of the construction work on Exocron. Miss Al'Fonz for her dedicated security work and albeit eccentric style. Neva for thorough patrols...I could go on but those are the three people in the audience I can see most clearly under these stage lights. So from the upper command rung, we say thank you for your work and hope you will continue to help further the Dynasty.

Next we come to my own personal project. I have been managing much of the force related activity for the last six months. In the past we had many a great face of the force in Krath however this has changed in recent years. We have lost members to time, circumstance and general misfortune and as a result, force attuned beings are a terrific asset to Krath. There are misconceptions about the force, some see us as just warriors, but this is not just the case. Yes a force attuned can make an excellent warrior in combat if trained properly but they can also make excellent emissaries for our beliefs, becoming a physical representation of our deity. We can act as leaders or also followers. For example with my specialty in the art of restoration the force can be used to heal even the most serious wounds and protect our colleagues. This selfless ability means that force beings are someone who can really help you all. This is why I would like to announce that I will be overseeing all force attuned beings in Krath under the Arcane Ministry. Originally our beloved Grandmaster used to oversee much of it himself however with his time being slim I have taken to this myself. In co-operation with the Order and also the Military, I will be working to co-ordinate the training and deployment of Krath force sensitive individuals so that we can be trained to perfection. I shall allow beings to identify themselves if they wish to do so."

Grim paused.
Paused to allow some reaction if required. Second part will follow in somewhere between 12-24 hours if people want to react. Otherwise will continue later today.
Uthar Ridian

Post by Uthar Ridian »

"I shall allow beings to identify themselves if they wish to do so."

Uthar noticed a pause in Master Grim's speech before understanding what it meant. However, in a fraction of a second it sunk in and Uthar quickly stepped forward and turned to face the crowd. Giving himself a moment to survey the crowd and consider his words, he then launched a brief introduction, his voice amplified through the use of the force. "Greetings my brothers and sisters of Krath! Some of you may know me as a long time friend, some have served with me in military operations both recent and long past, more still may be wondering where exactly this old lizard bloke came from. I am Uthar Ridian, current Fleet Marshal of the Krath military, though we'll seeing to that later on I'm sure."

Uthar stopped a moment for a quick nod in Fred's direction. "I am also one of Krath's recent force sensitive beings, and through the guidance of Paladin Grim have been training to better serve Krath and our people. While I would love to go into detail, I won't take up any more of our MC's time." Taking a curt bow, he returned to his seat and hoping that his impromptu speech was indeed what Calgor had in mind with invitation.
Armitage Kurtz

Post by Armitage Kurtz »

Armitage recited the prayers, the words now so familiar they were largely meaningless. Despite the fact that he'd had to sit for the ceremony - standing would have been bad but bearable - he found himself not quite as bored as he'd expected. There were numerous sentients here, some he could read the expressions and body language of, others were still a mystery.

A tall Trandoshan, his legs jammed in behind the seat in front, looked even more impatient and ready to kill someone than Transhodans usually did. You could always tell when they were angry. Transhodan body temperature was usually relatively low compared to other sentients but when stimulated, it was went much, much higher. It also made them terrible at cards. Although there was that one on Dalron VI that he and Talmage had worked that time. He'd been good. And apparently well able to control body temperature tells.

Armitage glanced over at Talmage then, this Chisses eyes were carrying out their habitual roving, continually seeking out anything of interest. The tendons in his neck were twitching as his head scoured the room, looking like it wanted to do a full three-sixty. Always figedty was Talmage. The times Armitage had tried to take him hunting had been a complete write-off. Armitage glanced at the closest marine. He'd have gotten a pass for for Talmage if he'd known he was going to show up. Krath knows how he'd got in here. The Chiss had a habit of turning up at strange times, ever since that incident on Hariandan.

There was a pause then, Paladin Grim had stopped talking for some reason. Someone else stood up, the Barabel Uthar by the looks of it, and announced something loudly. Armitage looked up at the ceiling, a dor beetle was moving in jerks across it, its surprisingly high body heat leaving wavering trails of colour. They seemed to manage to thrive everywhere and Armitage imagined how it had gotten to the station. Such industrious insects, always busy, always on the lookout for food or threats. He turned his attention back to the front and wondered how much longer he was going to be required to sit for.
Kira Morbus

Post by Kira Morbus »

Kira straightened up when Fred Berry came rushing in, and quickly put her knife away. When he got to her and Teenek she saluted and followed close behind him into the ceremonial room. Taking a seat in the back row she watched and listened to the speakers. Every now and then her mind would wander about and she would get a little impatient in her seat. Around her she noticed a somewhat uncomfortable Gran and what seemed like a twitchy Chiss. Her eyes followed the Grans up to the ceiling and she too began to watch the beetle. After a moment she noticed Grim had stopped talking and she quickly brought her eyes back to the front when Uthar began to speak. "Interesting" She mumbled when Uthar sat back down, then waited for Grim's reaction.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

"Fair enough, I shall allow the identity of our other force attuned to remain anonymous for the time being and continue. Thank you Marshal Ridian."

He nodded to the man and continued as planned, his eyes surveying the audience, a quick smile as they flicked over his partner.

"Anyway onto the rest of my speech. I would like to invite General Fred Berry up onto the stage and Fleet Marshal Uthar Ridian as well. You both know why you need to be up here of course. Now its your turn of course. And also would someone else from the Ruling Council be willing to step down here and assist?"

Grim gestured to both of them and also to the RC box.
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred was maintained his posture as the hosts speak. Calgor was communicating the desire to help the force attuned individuals, but Fred knew all about the Arcane Ministry as it was discussed on the Dynasty Council. Uthar had nodded at Fred and all he could do was give a little smirk. Force has its take on many of krath, perhaps that is why Uthar wants to retire his current Fleet Marshal Position. He thought as Calgor announced his name to come to the stage.

Fred would have hopped Tapar would have been the one to communicate his promotion, but he couldn't make it and was called away at the last minute. Fred stood up and gave Uthar a nod, as he approached the stage. He straightened his formal attire, which happened to consist of light armor, glanced around the room as he walked up the stairs on the stage. Finally Fred took a stand to the left of the podium and waiting for Uthar and RC representive.
Frezt Raleigh

Post by Frezt Raleigh »

Frezt had enjoyed meeting with everyone thus far, the top of the Krath, old friends and some new faces. The ceremony had began and he had carefully listened to Calgor. Next to him his dear friend Lord Uthar presented himself as a force sensitive to the rest of Krath. For years the barabel who was about to retire as head of the military had fought anything that came on his path. He was the subject of a dozen military books. And still he was able to surprise. Frezt heard Calgor invite Uthar and a RC member to the stage. Frezt turned to the old veteran and said, “Shall we?” as he turned out his arm to indicate to Uthar to lead their way.
Uthar Ridian

Post by Uthar Ridian »

Uthar took Lord Raleigh's offer and lead the way to the stage, glad at least that he had already introduced himself to the audience somewhat and hoping the process might be hyphenated the second time around. Ahead of him lay the end of his cherished career, though in reality not quite so dramatic as it sounded. As he reached Calgor and Fred, he found himself quite at peace with passing on the reins to new and more capable hands, glad to have been able to serve Krath in what capacity he could and continue to serve into the future. Standing silently and proud beside such venerated peers, he awaited a continuation of the ceremony.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

"Excellent, the gentlemen are now on stage. As some of you may know Fleet Marshal Ridian is set to retire from his position for personal reasons, wanting to take a spiritual vacation from the rigours of command. It weighs heavily on a person. We also have a budding officer prepped to take his place, General Fred Berry. To handle the whole passing of the torch I leave it in your hands for the moment. Ladies and gentlemen be upstanding for the words of Grand Seneschal Frezt Raleigh, Uthar Ridian and Fred Berry!"

He turned to Lord Raleigh, saluted and stepped back a little, into some shadow behind them both, watching proceedings with En, who was also stood at the back.

"Thoughts?" He whispered to the Lord Preceptor.
Ganner Groundrunner

Post by Ganner Groundrunner »

((sorry i didnt get a post, or several up sooner, I have been sick this past weekend and was not online much...so my post may look a little disjointed, I apologize))

Ganner docked the A-Wing and was out of the cockpit barely after it landed. Jumping to the floor without the use of the ladder or docking stairs, he landed in a crouch. "Im getting to old for stunts like that" he muttered to himself as he straitened himself up and headed to the access doors. A tall female officer with short cropped brunette hair met him at the hallway entrance. A datapad in hand, she told Ganner of all the updates to this point. He was a bit mad at himself he spent so much time out flying. It calmed him, but he should have spent the time prepping for the event. He told himself it was good to check on the security perimeter of the surrounding system, but he knew Neva and his crew had space locked up tight, and Fred's Marines had the station under complete control. He was proud, in that moment, how well everyone was performing and how everyone, especially Fred, had stepped up recently. "Fleet Marshall Berry" he said aloud to himself as he walked to his quarters to get ready. "How far he has come, in such a short time really" He said with a smile coming to his face.

. . . . .

Ganner had donned his outfit in record time, smoothed out the jacket of his suit. For the occasion he had chosen to go with a dark black and purple accenting tie and handkerchief.

Boarding Exocron Retreat, Ganner saw Fred had just entered the ceremony hall and walked briskly into the ceremony. He slipped in just as En was reciting his prayer. He made his way along the far side of the room towards the front. He saw Frezt and Uthar sitting up front as well as Fred who was likely once of the quickest moving Ithorians Ganner had ever met. As was customary for him, he scanned the room as old habit. Checking the reactions of people, where they were positioned and what they were doing. He made his way to a mobile bar that had been positioned about two thirds of the way towards the front of the room, quietly ordered a drink and leaned against the bar trying to see as much or the room at once as possible.

Moments later, Calgor came swiftly into the room and in a flash it seemed was up to the podium taking over from En. Cal made his speech and after a short pause Uthar spoke briefly about finding the Force. He was uncanny at strategy and reactionary tactics, and in hindsight, it made sense. Even if Uthar was not tapping into the Force knowingly, its certainly possible it gave him insight, if even unaware to Uthar himself. Shortly after, Calgor called for Uthar, Fred and an Ruling Council member to join him on stage. Ganner hesitated, waiting for Frezt to make his move. Though he had worked closely with Uthar in the past, and more and more with Fred recently, it was the right of the Grand Seneschal to have his stage. Frezt had also been long time friends with Uthar, and there was no one more fitting save maybe Tapar, who was unable to attend due to pressing matters outside of Dynasty space for him to deal with, to mark this passing of the torch than Frezt himself. Tapar had long been the standard of the military, but his path had taken him away from a direct role in it in recent years. Ganner heard though that he had sent a holocron, or some such device, marking his thoughts on the ceremony.

Ganner, noticing his drink was empty already ordered another and scanned the room once more as Uthar, Frezt and Fred made their way to the stage area. He took a sip of his drink and looked forward to the speeches.