Exocron Ceremony

Set up your own scenarios here. Creativity is warmly welcomed, so don't hold back.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly In-Character. Please refrain from making any Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts that break the flow and immersion. Create an OOC thread for your Scenario if you need a place to discuss things Out-Of-Character.
En Sabah Nur

Re: Exocron Ceremony

Post by En Sabah Nur »

Midway through the prayer he was leading, En saw the door of the conference room open and the figure of Calgor Grim strode purposefully in and up onto the stage. After winding up the prayer he handed over to Calgor and stepped back. Calgor then began to address the crowd in more detail than En had in regards to the finer points of the ceremony.

"I shall allow beings to identify themselves if they wish to do so." En was a little surprised by the ending of Calgor's speech. He was even more surprised when his good friend and hunting buddy Uthar Ridian made his way to the stage to announce that he was force sensitive to all gathered and then returned to his seat. He had known for some time now that Uthar was force sensitive due to his dealings with all of Krath's force users on a daily basis, but he had never really figured that Uthar would be so willing to openly admit it. "I guess I really shouldn't make assumptions." En thought to himself.

Calgor was again at the podium and invited Uthar back to the stage along with Fred Berry a member from the Ruling Coucil. The Lord Preceptor should have technically been on the Ruling Council himself, but after much discussion with his superiors it was decided that for now it was best to have him focus on running the Order and leave the Ruling Council position in the capable hands of Chaplain Lazarus Kell who was doing a fine job. Grand Seneschal Frezt Raleigh was the most likely member of the Ruling Council to make his way to the stage and just as he expected Frezt joined the stage alonng with Fred and Uthar. Calgor continued the ceremony and then handed over to Frezt.

"Thoughts?" Calgor whispered to En upon joining him at the back of the stage. "The ceremony seems to be going well so far and I am pleased that so many could make it here." En really wanted to say that he would need a few drinks after this, but his professional nature would not allow him to do so. "After Fred takes over from Uthar officially, all we have left to do is promote Daz to Chaplain and make it official that he is now second in command within the Order." Daz Raal had been a member of the Krath Academy staff during En Sabah Nur's time as Headmaster. He was somebody that the Lord Preceptor worked well with and had learnt to trust over the years that they had both served within the Order. Having him as one of Krath's Chaplains made perfect sense in En's mind.

As the Grand Seneschal settled at the podium things became very quiet within the room.
Frezt Raleigh

Post by Frezt Raleigh »

On stage Calgor saluted to Frezt and stepped back a little, giving Frezt the opportunity to address the crowd.

“My fellow Krath. Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome, it’s great so many of you are here together for this celebration. In a moment we will have the promotion of General Berry. But not before we have taken a moment for the retiring Fleet Marshal.”

Frezt looked over the audience, his eyes went over the many young officers who would make their mark on the galaxy in the coming years and to who the two men here were big examples.

“Lord Ridian’s military career is an astonishing list of accomplishments over an incredible long period. What many Krath may only know as tales from long gone times, odds are Lord Ridian was present. The list is long so I will keep myself to a few highlights.

He was a founding member of the legendary Aggressive Krath Recon unit, where he developed a good portion of his leadership skills and military finesse.

Today he is the last remaining military member to have seen battle in the Mayagil in year 7. From that time his reputation spread fast, which he proved over and over during the Hoth invasion and the battles over Shesharile and Kathol.

In the last years that Lord Ridian served as commander of the Navy and later the entire military, he kept his perfect image of being a solid, reliable and intelligent leader. In his capacity he also served on the Ruling Council, and provided very valuable input into the most important matters.”

Frezt paused a moment to prepare his next words.

“I would like to emphasise his great contribution to the rise of Krath. To honour Lord Ridian’s achievements, I have decided to reward him with the highest medal the Dynasty has, the Star of Shesharile.”

Frezt nodded to the clerk who had been waiting at the side of the stage. The clerk brought a small box with him, which Frezt opened to take out the medal. He smiled while he pinned the medal on Uthar’s chest and they shook hands. Frezt words were simple, “Thank you Uthar.”
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred listened to Frezt's words as he spoke of Lord Ridian and could only smile as Frezt communicated some of the achivements. AKR doesnt seem that big now, but had many battles under the name. I remember them quite well as I trained my troops. Fred thought a few more minutes as Frezt announced the Star of Shesharlie. Well deserved, Uthar has truelly been a big help, not only to Krath but to me as well when I was taken on my command duties. Fred proceeded to think about his thank you speech as if it would be the last thing he would do. I know my turn is around the corner, but I am not sure exactly what to say. Fred doesnt like to prepare for anything, but he would do the best he can to make it seem like he prepared for anything he did. Fred waited to see if Uthar would say anything regarding his retirement award.
Uthar Ridian

Post by Uthar Ridian »

Taken completely off guard by the commendation, Uthar subconsciously let out a quick siss before regaining his composure and making an effort to close his mouth. Scales rippling with embarrassment, pride, and gratitude he took a deep bow to his long time friend and leader.

"This one is not so deserving I think, but you honor me greatly old friend."

Looking up again he turned to the crowd to issue a brief statement.

"The meaning of this award surpasses my own actions and achievements in service of Krath, it instead reflects the hard work and dedication of all those I have had the pleasure to work with and for. Without our strong brotherhood, trust, and kinship I would not be up here today. I daresay few of us stage-walkers would. So it is my honor to accept this award on behalf the entire Krath community."

With that he gave another nod to Frezt before standing back to allow others their own honors.
Frezt Raleigh

Post by Frezt Raleigh »

Frezt turned to face the audience again.
"Today we honor one of our own, General Fred Berry on the occassion of his promotion to Fleet Marshall."

He thought back to the time he met the then young Ithorian and all the times thereafter. For some time they had been part of the same team that overviewed the construction of shipyards and new warships. It had been a good experience, which had increased exponentially in the years that came after.

"There are many positive notes I can make about General Berry's career. But let the records speak for themselves. He is the first Marine commander in history to become head of the military. With an excellent and impecible service record."

After he paused a moment, Frezt's voice changed to a lower more formal tone.

"As Grand Seneschal of the Krath Dynasty, I am confident in the experience and leadership abilities of General Berry. In view of his demonstrated qualities, Fred Berry is promoted to the position of Fleet Marshall, effective on Day 332 of Year 12."

The aide came forward and handed the ranks over to Frezt, who pinned them on Fred's uniform. He congratulated Fred and shook his hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my privilege to introduce Fleet Marshall Fred Berry!"
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred expected the promotion, but the words and tone of the Grand Senshal still stunned him. "I never realized I would be the first Marine to become Fleet Marshal" Fred thought, as Frezt pinned the new ranks to his uniform. Fred quickly took a few moments to collect his thoughts, and proceeded to the podium.

"Ladies and Gentimen, I am proud to become the new Fleet Marshal. Today, however, I want to just acknowlege several fine officers I have had the honor to serve with." Fred took another moment. "I started my Krath career just under three years ago. I orginally wanted to be a diplomat, and never really took pleasure in military matters. I was however given the honor of serving as a Marine anyway. Hawwi Joshe, was my commanding officer at the time heading the marines, and even took me under his wing few times. After a while, I was considered his son for quite some time. It saddened me when he choose to leave, but yet excited when he was elected as a Chief for the Gallactic Alliance." Fred took another pause to let others think on it.

Fred collected his thoughts once again and proceeded, "Once Hawwi left, Teenek Ta`ash was then placed in the command chair. This was about 6 months into my career, I still lacked some experiance, but Teenek then appointed me as Sub Archon, or second in command, of the marines. Although I was running wild with excitement, I was unsure of what I was to do." Fred grew a grin and said in a hummorous tone, "Teenek kindly gave me a manual on the workings of a command officer in the marines, though I didn't realize a manual existed for such a thing. Fred returned to his normal, dreaming tone, "After a couple months of getting the hang of commanding the marines, Teenek unavoidingly had to step down, which made fred the commanding officer unofficially. Year 12 Day 36, was the date for his official promotion to Strike Captain, and his title of commandant of the Krath Marines. I was rather estatic at this point, just over a year and I was commanding the marines. Fred paused, and realised he forgot someone and was wondering how he could fit that in. "I considered teenek as my 2ic even though he stepped down, but at the time it seemed logical. Despite all of this, I think Teenek is a fine officer, even today he works and follows my orders. Fred haulted for any cheering.

Fred continued, trying to fit in his last recongition, "While i was moving up in the ladder, Velris Deadstar seemed to fall. I looked up to Velris, and although I didn't know him outside my duties, I admired his effort; However that didn't seem to help because he apparently had to leave permantly. I dont know the reasons he had for leaving, but than Iban Kaze joined, and must have butter up with the High Council because he didn't have to start from the bottom. Iban reminds me a lot like Velris but they are both fine officers I had the honor of serving with. Fred thought of a closing statement, "Hawwi, Teenek, Velris, Ibane, all fine officers and I am proud that they were part of Krath through whatever may have happened. Even if you do not consider them honorable, or worth the effort of recongition, I am still proud to have been part of the team with them. They have all helped me in my career from learning the ropes, to finding the simpliest report.

Fred finally stepped away from the podium, faced the audiance, and then bowed.
Corbin Freehand

Post by Corbin Freehand »

After the prayer and watching the leaders up on stage getting awards and telling of their past Correl was glad he was near the back of the room. Being up there would have been nerve racking to say the least. Correl did not envy them at all for being put on display as it were.

Still it would be nice to be recognised like that some day. To be a strong enough personality to make it that far.

For now I am happy to be an unknown! He thought amused at that. Never thought I would want to be known like that, but the way these people are, I think I might eventually be okay with that.

As the ceremony continues Correl sees several that are pleasantly intoxicated but calm. Correl also notes the security teams around the room and some are in the seats to keep the calm of the occasion instead of the party that would break out on this solemn occasion.

Realizing the speeches are giving some history of Krath, Correl decides to listen more closely so as not to miss anything that might not be in the general records.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Post by Calgor Grim »

Very nice Freddy. Well deserved you old Ithorian.

Grim waited, listening to what seemed like speech after speech. He was watching the events going on in the hall around him. He observed the pinning of the Shesharile Star onto Uthars uniform, the laurels of command going around Freds uniform, what looked like Armitage falling asleep in the middle row, Kira's train of thought derailing and watching a bug, and half of the ruling council seemingly engaged in drinking. Fred gave a wonderful speech if not long winded but it was mostly well received, as the three of them stepped down and retired to their seats. A quick glance at the council box again and it looked like Ganner seemed to be making gestures at him.

"Now he's either mock flirting or he wants to come up and say something...I'm going to guess...the latter." He joked to himself, planning his next few lines.

"That was wonderful. Congratulations to our colleagues Uthar and Fred. Or should I say 'Fleet Marshal Berry', I'll salute later though if you don't mind. I'll now go onto the next bit, you're all here above what is known as Exocron. This planet is one of the most southern points of the galaxy...or Northern depending which way around you have your maps. The only one further down is Kathol Rift areas. However its proximity to Krath holy space is somewhat significant. This planet itself is also something of a mystery to me. I always find reassurance or confidence when I'm around this big floating rock of ice. I therefore decided to commence building and make it a spiritual point. I feel that the harsh terrain but also small isolated caverns allow a retreat from life. I am also using this to further our diplomatic efforts. In co-operation with the Order of Krath, some of you may notice some unfamiliar guests onboard station. They are masters of the Jedi Order.

In previous years krath has somewhat neglected diplomacy towards other factions or perhaps not had the resources to dedicate to diplomacy and as a result I felt that relations had grown stale, something which I intended to rectify. I therefore extended the invite to Masters of the Jedi High Council with the offer of having some of their own cultural influence on Exocron, to allow the co-existance of our cultures and our way of thought and to effectively serve as a Jedi mission point away from their long distant central home of Ossus. I do hope one of you may be willing to step forth and say a few words perhaps?"

Grim gestured to the back rows of the audience.
Dreadizen Deathguard

Post by Dreadizen Deathguard »

Dreadizen watched the ceremony from behind the view of his hood watching to see who would speak next as he leaned on a railing.

"hmm intresting ceremony" dreadizen said makeing note of the whos who of the event before looking over at correl before turning back to watch the ceremony.
Bancho Curr

Post by Bancho Curr »

Half way through Fred's speech, Bancho fully expected to hear his name mentioned anytime. Bancho fondly recalled taking Fred and a small group of other young Krath warriors on a short training mission through the humid and noisy jungles of Shesharile 3 and making the very nervous looking Fred take the point position of their patrol. There was something about that odd looking young fellow then that stood out from the others, but Bancho never would have imagined Fred would eventually be Fleet Marshal.

Bancho's proud smile was hidden by his breathing mask. He didn't mind not hearing his name, he actually preferred to stay out of the spotlight. He's taking point in an all new jungle now, Bancho couldn't help thinking to himself.

Bancho listened on as Calgor mentioned the Jedi Masters who were present. Bancho hadn't had an opportunity to encounter many Jedi in person before, especially not Jedi Masters. He was curious to see if they would say something, and to see if they were really as different from the Krath force sensitives that he knew as most people seem to think.