Exocron Ceremony

Set up your own scenarios here. Creativity is warmly welcomed, so don't hold back.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly In-Character. Please refrain from making any Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts that break the flow and immersion. Create an OOC thread for your Scenario if you need a place to discuss things Out-Of-Character.
Calgor Grim
Krath Paladin
Krath Paladin

Re: Exocron Ceremony

Post by Calgor Grim »

Grim was not on station however...for the seventh time since the gathering started. He had another job, reactivating the Exocron shielding.

"I'm sick of this...I want a week off." He moaned from inside his starfighter. "And I want my ship back from Bancho. If he scratches that paintwork then rank or no rank I'll make him fix it."

"You dont need to do all this you know." Came the voice of his female co-pilot. Lady Grim had opted to follow along and watch. "You do far too much, you seem to want to do everything personally rather than delegate or let someone else do it. Stop volunteering for all this and think about yourself for a few days. After this, you and I need a vacation to one of those lovely beach planets. No excuses!"

"You're probably right. Just find it hard to say no...oh hang on, incoming databurst from the retreat. Droid is rerouting comms. Ok...Jedi nearly there, Frezt is bored wandering around, the force brigade are on standby, apparently Dargah is drinking the house dry, as are the rest to a lesser extent..." Lady grim laughed from behind him as he continued reciting. "...Armitage is lost trying to access the locked door. Teenek and Fred are filling the waves with radio chatter about military matters. The masses are restless I guess. Alright droidy, relay this and play it back as a general station wide announcement. Dont do it in real time though, wait for me to finish it."

The droid beeped twice in acknowledgement, it was recording over his earpiece, he cleared his throat before quickly nudged the ship away from the near miss with a ship. "Idiot...who the hell does he think he is. Nearly caused a crash. Low brow fool..." He went on to further berate the pilot and eventually leave a quick message unaware that the droid had been recording EVERYTHING ready for playback and so aboard the retreat, in every single room of the station, over the announcers came the following:

<minor static>"Idiot...who the hell does he think he is. Nearly caused a crash. Low brow fool...Why the heck did I pick Exocron, it just seems like every lunatic pilot is around here, god Krath is certainly giving me a test today. Right, I'll leave this message then. Attention occupants of the retreat, this is Paladin Grim addressing you all today. Could all guests kindly make their way to the ceremony hall? We will begin shortly. Lord Preceptor En Sabah Nur, would you be so kind as to start proceedings soon. I will be back onboard shortly. I apologise to all guests but due to a slight manufacturing problem, all ceremonial items are not available. They will be available at a later date. We apologise for any delay. Shouldn't be long till we're all started and soon you can get back to enjoying yourselves with the facilities or departing back to whatever you were doing."
This equates to: CP Process currently delayed after a disagreement with the items. I will have to assign them all and distribute them later. Send me a name if you're present and I'll reserve a pointy sword.
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred had been relaxing in a chair when Grim's message came accross the station's com. "I guess Calgor is a bit irretated. He does too much, this was his idea he should have maintained his focus on this ceremony. Fred made note of the swords, and began thinking of how he can maintain security while the marines got into their formal attire.

He watched as more of Krath's finest walked in. Fred however kept his eye on Frezt who had been in the room for a while. I suppose the troops could remain in their combat uniform while the rest of us prepped for the ceremony. Fred tapped his combadge ready to relay a message, "The ceremony will begain soon, I would like all of us to look our best. Please have your troops maintain there assigned positions and get your formal attire on." Fred was about to end the transmission, but he wanted to be sure his marines stayed armed and added, "Keep your weapon and cuffs with you, just to be safe." The marines should have formal belts that would hold the gun and cuffs, which would go well with their formal uniform. With that he tapped his badge indicating he was finished.

Fred did another quick glance at the Grand Senshal and then informed his troops to adjust there formation for a better security detail near Frezt. 'Keep the exits covered, but ensure there is a troop within visual range of the Grand Senshal, perhaps even within 10 feet, but dont get in the way." The troop commander acknowledged the orders and took a quick survey of the room. Frezt happened to be closer to the front of the room and the troops assigned were not paying attention, instead they were socializing with each other. This angered the commander, and he walked toward them and stated rather aggressivly, "Attention!" the four troops instantly snapped to a ready posture. "The Grand Senshal is right over there, keep a better eye on him and dont let him out of your sight. The troops acknowledged the orders, and neverously spread out and covered the front like they were suppose to. The commander then walked to the back of the room and informed the troops assigned to the back of the room that they were doing a good job, "Good work troops, now keep an eye on the Grand Senshal, and if he comes back here keep him in visual range, and ideally within 10 feet. The troops acknowledged the orders as Fred walked out of the room.
Kira Morbus

Post by Kira Morbus »

Kira watched the Grand Seneschal Raleigh pass by her as she stood at attention next to the doors of the ceremonial room, a smile crept across her face as he passed her, though it wasn't noticed or at least she thought it wasn't. After the doors had closed Kira relaxed and leaned against a wall, crossing her arms. Moments latter her datapad went off. Grabbing it from her pocket she activated the transmission from Fred: "The ceremony will begain soon, I would like all of us to look our best. Please have your troops maintain there assigned positions and get your formal attire on. Keep your weapon and cuffs with you, just to be safe. " She looked down at her uniform and picked a piece of lent off of the sleeve before putting the datapad away then adjusted the many knives on her belt. Picking off one of her knives she spun it around as she leaned against the door, keeping an eye on the room.
Armitage Kurtz

Post by Armitage Kurtz »

Armitage grimaced and did his best to ignore the mangled combinations of smells as the room continued to fill up. The luxury retreat stations had certainly been designed to disguise anything utilitarian, there were no visible bulkheads, the ceiling was impressively and thankfully high and the usual Krath trappings and traditional hangings did even more to disguise the fact that they were in a space station. Armitage was almost surprised someone hadn't installed a landscape wall. They always made him feel slightly sick, the movement of the clouds and whatever flora and fauna they displayed automatically rejected by his senses and then leading to a kind of vague nausea. He rubbed the space between his shoulder blades on the pillar behind him. Too many weeks cooped up in ships already, now he had to stand through a ceremony. He wondered if someone would ask him to move when the ceremony began. That would be a little irritating, he quite liked leaning against this pillar.
Last edited by Armitage Kurtz on October 22nd, 2011, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
En Sabah Nur

Post by En Sabah Nur »

The conference room was abuzz with the chatter of all the beings gathered for the upcoming ceremony. Suddenly a rather disjointed message cut in over the rooms PA. "Idiot...who the hell does he think he is. Nearly caused a crash. Low brow fool...Why the heck did I pick Exocron, it just seems like every lunatic pilot is around here, god Krath is certainly giving me a test today. Right, I'll leave this message then. Attention occupants of the retreat, this is Paladin Grim addressing you all today. Could all guests kindly make their way to the ceremony hall? We will begin shortly. Lord Preceptor En Sabah Nur, would you be so kind as to start proceedings soon. I will be back onboard shortly. I apologise to all guests but due to a slight manufacturing problem, all ceremonial items are not available. They will be available at a later date. We apologise for any delay. Shouldn't be long till we're all started and soon you can get back to enjoying yourselves with the facilities or departing back to whatever you were doing."

Upon the announcement the rooms chatter died down to more of a murmur as the large armour clad figure that was the Lord Preceptor En Sabah Nur of the Order of Krath made his way to the stage at the front of the room. As he strode he acknowledged Grand Seneschal Raleigh with a slight nod of his head before ascending the small set of stairs to the stage. Before reaching the podium he remembered that he should probably remove his helmet. He had taken to wearing it a lot more in recent times since his mutated Thyferran features tended to unnerve some members of the greater Krath Community.

By now the room had almost become perfectly quiet. He cast his gaze across the room and it's crowd. Calgor had done a great job of making it a very fitting location for the ceremony. Banners from the KD and all it's affiliated factions adorned the walls along with some elaborate torches with uniquely Krath purple flames. "My esteemed brethren and honoured guests, I will keep my introduction short, since most of you know I, En Sabah Nur from my many years service to Krath. You have all been invited to this assembly as you are some of the most revered members of the greater Krath Dynasty. Some, high ranking officials like myself, others being our force sensitive individuals like my colleague and co-host Paladin Calgor Grim" En began to wish Calgor was here at this moment so he could hand over proceedings to him. "The purpose of our gathering is to celebrate the opening of our facilities for the Krath Arcane Ministry, to acknowledge the new ranks of Fred Berry and Daz Raal, plus also honour our retiring Fleet Marshal Uthar Ridian" En had to now decide how best to proceed until Calgor showed up. Could all in attendance please become upstanding and join me in a prayer to our venerated God Krath. En began to recite an abbreviated version of one of the more common prayers to Krath and kept an eye on the rooms entrance for his co-host.
Fred Berry

Post by Fred Berry »

Fred was on the KMS Rhea, attempting to get his formal uniform on. "Blasted uniform, it may look nice but lacks the sense of security I am used to." Fred always like wearing his combat armor, but the formal attire for the military consists of a lighter metal, meant to provide some protection but bulky armor makes for bad appearal. "The ceremony should be starting any minute, I would have preferred to be there ready, but If I happen to walk in at the last minute oh well." Fred was getting agrevated.

Fred hurried his way back to the station and headed right, with a little haste he saw two of his officers, Teenek and Kira, and asked them to enter the room with him. "Leave your troops here, the ceremony is starting and we need to be in there." Fred assumed the troops can handle the security on the outside, after all it was a simple identification check. Fred's whole squad was guarding the inside of the ceremonal room, but because of his promotion he wanted his combatants inside ready for anything.

"...to acknowledge the new ranks of Fred Berry and Daz Raal, plus also honour our retiring Fleet Marshal Uthar Ridian" The lord perceptor stated. Dam i am a bit late, though sounds like it is just begining." Fred thought as he took a seat in one of the reserved chairs in the front row. Fred noticed the Grand Senshal a few feet away, and one of his troops just a few feet away from him as he ordered. Fred smiles and glanced at the commander and nodded in appreciation. Fred situated his belt with his blaster and cuffs ready, and watched intently as the lord perceptor continued to speak. "Could all in attendance please become upstanding and join me in a prayer to our venerated God Krath." En paused as everyone begain standing. Damit I just sat down! He thought as he stood back up in a stern posture. Now would usually be a good time for an attack he thought. Fred did a quick survey to ensure there were no agressive moves or postures. En had began a common prayer. I have heard this prayer too many times and I know he abbrevated it. Fred thought as he smirked.
Neva Balliol

Post by Neva Balliol »

Neva and Luha were both still on the Midsummer's Night, getting ready for the ceremony, which was to begin in about two hours. Neva, still leading the security around the system, was dressed in his corellian powersuit armor, but covering that was his newly pressed dress jacket, which was the same style as his regular brown duster jacket, but this one was black, and clean for ceremonies such as this. It was designed to be able to hide a blaster, but still give the wearer easy access, so of course, Neva took advantage of this and had his DL-44 strapped to his hip, and his ceremonial, yet still battle-ready, long sword in its sheath strapped to his back.

Luha came walking into Neva's quarters, and what Neva saw stunned him. She was wearing a beautiful dark purple gown, with her long dark blue hair tied up at the back. She had obviously spent quite some time preparing for this ceremony. She didnt even look like the co-pilot Neva was so used to having around.

"Wow, Luha. You look amazing." This was all Neva could think of saying.

Luha blushed. "Thank you Neva. You don't look bad yourself." Hearing this, Neva stodd straighter. "Are we ready to board the station? We should probably go and converse with the others before the ceremony starts."

Neva nodded. "Yes. Let's go." He looked to his droid, who was buzzing and beeping at a console. "R3, send out the message to the X-Wing squads now. Let them know to keep their eyes open, and remind them that I'll have the ceremony broadcasting over their comm systems." The droid let out a series of low whistles to acknowledge Neva's order, and Neva and Luha stepped out through the docking tube and onto the Luxury Space Colony. They were welcomed by Calgor Grim, who ushered them immediately into the Ceremonial hall. There was less time left than Neva and Luha had realized, and when they walked in, also walking in right behind the soon to be Fleet Marshall Fred Berry, the Lord Preceptor had just started a common Krath prayer. Neva and Luha entered quietly and stood with the rest for the prayer.
Bancho Curr

Post by Bancho Curr »

Bancho wished he could get more time behind the controls of the YT-1760 but he knew the unscheduled trip to pick up a new recruit would likely make him late for the ceremony even though it was only a short trip in such a fast ship. As the Macroship approached the Exocron Retreat Bancho turned to the Kubaz Freighter Pilot who Calgor assigned accompany him on the trip, "You have the controls now Mr. Erelen, I'll be disembarking as soon as we dock with the station."

As he hurriedly boarded the LSC, Bancho pulled his Krath Passport out of his belt and flashed it to the marine who was posted to check ID's. Hopefully he won't notice that it's outdated, I have to remember to make the time to get it renewed, Bancho thought, but the marine waived him past without any inquiry.

Bancho rounded the corner of the hallway and could see that the door was just closing behind Paladin Grim. "Maybe I'm not late." he said, his voice muffled by his heavy breathing under the mask. But he was slightly disappointed when he heard the Lord Preceptor reciting a Krath prayer. Bancho didn't want to interrupt the prayer with his movement so he waited by the door for the Lord Preceptor to finish, before walking to his reserved seat.
Uthar Ridian

Post by Uthar Ridian »

As people began filing into system and filling the station, Uthar found himself eager to abandon his training for more social pleasures. Before leaving his quarters he reluctantly donned the ceremonial clothing designed specifically for the event. Never one to feel comfortable in anything but combat ready gear, or at the very least something with lots of hidden pockets and holsters, Uthar fidgeted without a concealed blade or blaster to grip. I suppose I'll trust in Fred's security, Uthar jokingly thought to himself knowing the marine/navy compliment to security was almost certainly overcautious.

As he walked through the corridors of the station, noticeably more well lit and frequented by guards since he'd last checked, he found a few familiar faces. Some seemingly bored out of their skulls waiting for the main event, others more interested in exploring the resort station. Almost tempted himself to get lost in the myriad of pleasures found on the station, as he was sure there were a few biome replication rooms aboard he wouldn't mind finding himself in, Uthar chose the more event appropriate activity of visiting the bar in the hall. Several hours into near continuous drinking, he finally thought he might have been getting a bit tipsy before his Lord Preceptor's voice broke him back into the reality of the event.

"Could all in attendance please become upstanding and join me in a prayer to our venerated God Krath."

Immediately facing his brother in Krath, Uthar recited word for word the prayers that had been drilled into him for years, faltering only when En chose to skip section for the convenience of time. Looking both embarrassed and slightly jolly from booze, he didn't think many beings other than those who knew him very personally would notice one way or other since his reptilian face generally always looked angry or serious.
Corbin Freehand

Post by Corbin Freehand »

Seeing the multitudes of ships in the area. All of them seemed to be flying specific routes and covering the most likely entry points into the system. Setting the auto pilot for the Retreat Station and knowing he is late again.

Blast and damnation! Thinking to himself. Late again! Why is it I can never be on time anywhere! Heading quickly to his room Correl changed into his new ceremonial robes.

Once back in the pilot's chair Correl bounces his knee nervously, hoping he has not missed to much of his first dedication ceremony.

Thinking mournfully. Well I know I will have missed the prayer. Wonder if anyone besides security or Jedi will notice my lateness.

After docking with the Retreat and passing several security checks which took longer than Correl had expected. But once through, Correl started running with all the stealth he could manage. Which was considerable, considering what he had practiced against back home. In his headlong rush through the hallways Correl noticed a lot of security, but one in particular caught his attention enough to make him seriously think about stopping.

She was playing with a knife, like it was a bouncing ball, between her hands and fingers. Were it not for the fact that he was late he might have stopped, but what kept him moving was the trouble he was already in.

Turning down the hallway to where the prayers seemed to be coming from. Correl almost collided with a Kel Dor standing at the entrance. Thankfully, he was quick enough to stop before that mishap. He stepped up beside the Kel Dor with all the calm he could muster. Correl bowed his head in fervent prayer that nobody had noticed him. Never realizing he had begun sweating from the run through the station which would be noticed by someone.

The Lord Preceptor is going to skin me alive! Late is one thing, but this, no I am roasted. Correl thought to himself while mumbling the prayer that still seemed a bit foreign to him.