[TRAINING] Grasslands of Adarlon

You would like to participate in Freestyle scenarios, but think your skills could use some work? Sign up for RP training here and we'll get you into shape.
Grevendar Togl

[TRAINING] Grasslands of Adarlon

Post by Grevendar Togl »

(OOC: This training is for Saheen Tikeerleesh

Saheen, the 3 main skills of good roleplayers are these:

1) Investigating things that are mentioned that might be interesting
2) Knowing how to advance the story without holding other people up
3) Only ever describing your own thoughts, actions and words - never describing the results of actions of the thoughts/actions/words of others.)

On the grasslands of the planet Adarlon, a lone Barabel conducts his initiation ritual to the Krath. He has been abandoned and must return safely to the city. His trainers have given him a small group of items:

Macrobinoculars
Multi Sensor Pack
Heavy Backpack
Heavy Belt
Robe
Clothing

Before leaving, his trainer tells him that the city is to the south east and he will need at least 72 hours to reach it on foot. The grassland is populated with a number of creatures and there have been rumours of a criminal element on Adarlon......

(OOC: The above is the introduction. It sets the context for the story and gives you enough to work with that you can take some actions. GM Posts are made by the Game Master (me) and these posts will tell you the results of your actions. It is now your turn to post and prepare yourself! As a good rule, the first post by any person should help us as readers explore your character - giving details such as you physical appearance, a little about your thought process etc etc.

As a GM it is important for me to understand what you are thinking about to best carry out the actions you describe. For instance, if I know how you respond in a given situation and your action fails, I may feel comfortable taking a counter-action for you and this speeds up the adventure and gives you greater freedom to explore!)
Aliit'buir Ar'Klim
Saheen Tikeerleesh

Re: [TRAINING] Grasslands of Adarlon

Post by Saheen Tikeerleesh »

Saheen puts on his clothes, heavy belt, and robe then takes out his macrobinoculars looks around and surveys the surrounding area.

"This might not be that hard"

Saheen then lugs his backpack on to his back and starts heading southeast based on the distance having to walk he expects dangers ahead.
Saheen Tikeerleesh

While on his travels Saheen had come across the remains of a Boma Beast with Gizka swarmed around it.

"Back off!"

The Gizka started to disperse as Saheen approached to examine the remains. The area around the remains seemed to have blood from another animal.

"Looks like a Slashrat came and got hurt killing it"

It looked like there was still meat on the remains so Saheen took some and then took some bones to craft a slingshot out of them

"This might make a good weapon for the future"

Then Saheen found a bunch of rocks near a fresh water stream and stuffed them in his pack. Saheen then took a sash of clothing and made a makeshift canteen out of it and put some water in it.

"This will help later on"

Saheen then walked on for a bit and found a cave.

"Its getting dark should camp for the night."

He walked inside a found nothing so he set a motion sensor at the door and laid down for sleep.
Saheen Tikeerleesh

Saheen wakes up feeling well rested and starts to eats some of the Boma Beast meat.

"This is actually pretty good"

He heads to the entrance of the cave, pulls off and resets the sensor.

"Glad nothing visited me in my sleep."

He then starts to walk out of the cave when he hears something. He looks around and sees nothing but remains cautious. Then he hears the noise again, looks around, and sees a pack of squalls.

"What do you little critters want?"

They then turned around and walked away. He realized he was wasting time so he started on his way.
Grevendar Togl

Post by Grevendar Togl »

-GM Post-

Looking around the area with his macrobinculars, Saheen sees the glint of metal coming off an object in the east and a pack a Nexu to the north who circle around a look for prey. To the south, using maximum magnification Saheen can see his destination, the city of Adarlon.
Aliit'buir Ar'Klim
Saheen Tikeerleesh

Saheen heads to the east to see what the object was that he saw.

"I'm welcome to anything that will help me"

He comes across tracks on his way.

"Must be from the Nexu's"

He then keeps walking but he still remains cautious in case danger is nearby. He starts playing a scenario in his head of what he would do if the Nexu's saw him.

"I really hope they don't come this way"

He keeps walking silently.
Grevendar Togl

Post by Grevendar Togl »

-GM Post-

The glint of metal on the ground was a trunk, battered and muddy but with enough bare metal to have glinted in the sunlight. Opening the trunk cautiously, Saheen finds what he most needed, two relby K23s, a datapad, a combat knife and a DLT20A.
Aliit'buir Ar'Klim
Saheen Tikeerleesh

Saheen takes the two blaster pistols the knife and the datapad and puts them in his backpack and walks toward the direction of the city.

"That was a lucky find now I might actually survive"

He holds the DLT-20A in his hands. Keeping it out just in case. Saheen decides to set up camp for the night. He gathers sticks for a fire and then decides he should probably keep walking.

"I forget about the Nexu's, maybe we should not set up camp"

Saheen walks silently towards his destination.
Grevendar Togl

Post by Grevendar Togl »

-GM Post-

Saheen walks towards the city in the distance, checking he is walking in a straight line from time to time. However, after a couple of hours, he stops suddenly. From the long grass emerges a pack of 12 gizka, who look at Saheen with eyes wide open.
Aliit'buir Ar'Klim
Saheen Tikeerleesh

Saheen thinking of what would happen if he attacks the Gizka decides against it and wonders if he should dart past them since he is faster then they are. Deciding to do it he darts forward and passes the pack of Gizka running and not looking back in hopes of evading them.