Esoteric Martial Ways of the Galaxy (OOC)

Set up your own scenarios here. Creativity is warmly welcomed, so don't hold back.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly In-Character. Please refrain from making any Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts that break the flow and immersion. Create an OOC thread for your Scenario if you need a place to discuss things Out-Of-Character.
Kalzel Gryjiss
Location: The land of wonder and merriment also known as the Czech Republic

Esoteric Martial Ways of the Galaxy (OOC)

Post by Kalzel Gryjiss »

Well, this little project attracted some attention, so I decided to pop in an OOC thread for ya.
Tobias Frost
Shaper
Shaper

Re: Esoteric Martial Ways of the Galaxy (OOC)

Post by Tobias Frost »

Thank you. The agreed rules of combat are as follows:

1d6 + unarmed skill level, highest roll wins, tie roll a draw.

A bit simplified but it will do for the time being. Sekou, what was the second roll for and how did you get a modifier of +7?
Sekou Tau

Post by Sekou Tau »

Tobias,

In regards to unarmed combat, the skills that are considered are the following. This is how I attained the plus seven to my roll. I know I was not supposed to hold back but I did since we are demonstrating how effective soft aspects of your style can be.

strength
dexterity
dodge

So you could have a skill level from 1-15 in unarmed combat, based upon the base model of the Unarmed Brawler NPC with a base skill of 8. http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Military_NPCs Personally I consider them "Masters" and I aspire to attain their level and greater as apart of my own development.

Generally speaking I envision a Combative Art for The Holy Krath Legion/The Krath based upon our mutual martial arts background. I need an additional Sifu/Sensei/Master to develop and add some flair and structure to what I already have documented but is unpublished as of yet. With this said, I would like you to join me Tobias. (I will PM you in greater detail so we can exchange ideas.)

P.S. Oh, also in regards to the second roll. I assumed you were going for another demonstration but if not you can disregard my post.
Last edited by Sekou Tau on March 7th, 2017, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family is more than blood.
Tobias Frost
Shaper
Shaper

Post by Tobias Frost »

Hm. Being a soft style I would have to adjust My die rolls accordingly. I'm a bit too tired to do it at the moment but will figure it out tomorrow. I would think that speed, dodge, and dexterity would be appropriate.
Tobias Frost
Shaper
Shaper

Post by Tobias Frost »

Yeah the second roll was unneeded at this time, as we are still in demonstration (skill vs skill). Once we go to mock battle mode then we can go to town :D
Sekou Tau

Post by Sekou Tau »

I know I am due a post IC but this would be the course the two of us would go through once this combative art is further defined. This would include all future Instructors but at the moment this is still in development, brand new and we have no need for anyone besides ourselves right now.. So Tobias and I and Kalzel if you wish to participate as well. As leader of the Southern Fleet I think you should for RP-purposes. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdyjS779hsY
Tobias Frost
Shaper
Shaper

Post by Tobias Frost »

Naw, I stole Kalzel's cattle prod 8) Can't have the KEC showing up the Marines now, can we? ;) :P
Kalzel Gryjiss
Location: The land of wonder and merriment also known as the Czech Republic

Post by Kalzel Gryjiss »

So that's where it went. Speaking of the KEC showing up the vets, you can ask Dalovan how that went for him...

But sure, I'll gladly give a more 'personalized' lecture down the line!
Sekou Tau

Post by Sekou Tau »

Just give me a bit to formulate my thoughts and I will demonstrate my not so polished skills to my old friend here--Tobias. The Legion/Krath needs to see a variety between their Instructors and their capabilities. So it really shouldn't be a competition but a demonstration. :D
Tobias Frost
Shaper
Shaper

Post by Tobias Frost »

(chuckles) My real-life background in martial arts is eclectic. I started off by studying judo when I was 10 or so, eventually reaching the rank of ni-kyu (brown belt). I was taught boxing by My stepfather, was on the high school wrestling squad, and started in Tae Kwon Do in My late teens. While I was in Las Vegas, I studied leopard and tiger style kung fu. While in the Army, during the course of My service, picked up some skills in escrima, kali, sambo, and krav maga. In My 30's, I took up aikido. Finally, I learned a bit of pencak silat from a former co-worker. My staff used to call Me Dr. Doom, have no idea why ;) :P