Watcher Journals: Corbin Freehand

Set up your own scenarios here. Creativity is warmly welcomed, so don't hold back.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly In-Character. Please refrain from making any Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts that break the flow and immersion. Create an OOC thread for your Scenario if you need a place to discuss things Out-Of-Character.
Corbin Freehand

Re: Watcher Journals: Correl Freehand

Post by Corbin Freehand »

Watchers Journal Retrieval.......

Opening.....

Watcher 43231-A....

Subject Query...........Correl Freehand
Birthplace Query......Tatooine
Race Query...............Human Non-Clone
Age Query................Mid 20's
Location Query.........Hyper
Progenitor Location Query....In Custody

Report Query.....

Taking Mats

Coming out of hyper in Cathar Correl is glad to see true stars again after the long trip and delivery of the MC-80b. Setting coordinates for Cathar Prime Correl looks around the bridge glad that these huge ships are not his favorite to fly. Maybe someday he will fly them but not soon.

“Hey boss, incoming message from insystem.” Arlunia says without her customary disregard of rank. Which brings his attention to her as if she had slapped him on the back of the head as usual.

Moving quickly over to the communications section Correl sits down and listens to the message. “Cleric Freehand you are instructed to land and transfer yourself to KSS Victoria for the upcoming operation. Your orders will be aboard. That is all. Lord Chancellor Out.” The voice and video of the Lord Chancellor Aubec was unmistakable to Correl.

Sitting back with a pensive look on his face Correl goes over his mantra of no screw ups. After a few moments he sits forward and moves toward the turbo-lift. Before entering he asks his co-pilot,”Arlunia, let me know when we reach orbit. I shall be cleaning myself for the meeting.” The last said as the doors start closing.

“I cannot make mistakes on this one. She would never let me live it down if that happened.” Correl muses to himself in the turbo-lift. Arriving at his destination he moves to his quarters quickly and enters.

Back on the bridge after cleaning up and getting the call from Arlunia. Correl sits nervously in the command chair waiting for final orbit to be made. “Sir we have made orbit, it is time for you to get moving.” Arlunia says quietly. Which in itself was strange she is never quiet or calm. She always has a sarcastic comment or put down handy for me, Correl thought wistfully but absently.

“Thank you Arlunia, I shall not let you down. I promise.” Correl says quietly himself. “Just you stay out of trouble is that understood?” Correl grins as he turns to the turbo-lift to the docking bay and the 510 he will be taking downside to get to the KSS Victoria.

“And you bring yourself back in one piece too.” Arlunia said as the doors are closed not wanting to sound melodramatic or emotional towards her commander. Also not wanting him to know that she really did like him even though he is human.

Arriving at the KSS Victoria Correl finds his orders in the cockpit and in hard copy not on a holo file. Opening the orders Correl sees a Chiss male of indeterminate age with the name Thrawn Mandalorian next to it, and only a name for the associate of Shadow. The orders are to get to the planet Draboon at a very specific time and wait. The ships name and transponder will be listing a different ship for a twenty-four hour period. I am to wait till the materials are put on board and lift off and get out of there immediately without being seen. If the timing is off I will have to go and retrieve the mats myself.

Correl sits back and thinks hard about not making a mess of this operation. He sets the coordinates to the area to wait before entering and making the run. As the ship enters hyper he gets up and heads to the rest area to get some rest before the start of the run.

Without realizing it Correl slept through the start of the mission forgetting also to set an alarm to wake him for the start of it. So he could be on planet in time. What woke him was the insistent beeping of the comm-link. Jumping up and running for the accept button Correl realizes he screwed up badly this time.

“Cleric Freehand, the mission is a go, get to the target coordinates now!” The Lord Chancellor's voice comes in clearly. Correl notices the time mark on the message was five hours ago. He groans knowing he already screwed up badly again.

“Damnit! Why am I always screwing up?” Correl yells at the cockpit without a response coming he hurriedly inputs the coordinates that will get him close to the planet fastest and gets underway at full power.

I am dead this time for sure! Correl thinks to himself as he prayerfully tries to get the ship moving faster to get to the planet at least in time to get some mats onboard.

Sacrificing stealth for speed he actually makes up some time but not enough for the exact timing of the mission. “Cleric Freehand, May I ask what it is you are doing?” The Lord Chancellor's voice comes in through the Comm system.

“Finishing the mission sir.” Correl responds nervously knowing he is going to get an earful from anyone especially the ones planetside who were waiting for his arrival.

“You do know you are going to have to go out and get the mats onboard your ship yourself. Do you not?” The voice sounded too controlled to be anything but polite from the Lord Chancellor. Correl knew at that point he was in for it even if he did finish the mission.

“I know sir, I'm sorry sir, I will do my best. I misread the operation orders, I thought we were to start the operation run at the stated time not be on planet at that time sir.” Correl stated lamely.

A long silence after his response made the wait painful for Correl but one did come. “Alright Correl, get to it and get it done. I want that ship back in Cathar space as soon as you can, Lord Chancellor out.” The voice sounded highly upset from Correl's side and he knew his response would not be listened to or even accepted till after he had gotten back to Cathar.

The rest of the run goes smoothly for Correl, he makes planet fall, retrieves the mats and gets out of the sector without being caught or pursued. The whole time he was in flight he just knew he would be demoted to not even a pilot of his own ship again. Once he made it to a safe hyper jump point he enters hyper as quickly as he can to get back hopefully before too long. For he fears that as he enters Cathar sector he will be boarded and taken off in chains or summarily removed from any Krath vessel for making too many mistakes.

Arriving in the Cathar system Correl waits to see if he is halted and boarded. When no reaction is forthcoming he moves to Cathar Prime and descends all the while waiting for the other shoe to kick him from behind.

Landing was the easy part Correl always knew he could fly ships so landing was the easiest part for him. He goes through the normal shutdown and heads towards the exit area of the ship, steps out into the Cathar air and sees a Chiss standing at the bottom of the exit way. On closer look he knew he was in trouble as this was the Thrawn Mandalorian from the file.

Crap! I really am dead now, he has come to kill me for screwing up. Correl thought as he saw the Chiss at the ramp ending.

“Greetings Cleric Freehand, I am Grevendar Togl. I know your thinking your a dead man right at this time for screwing up. Let me tell you no mission ever goes according to the exact plan. And again good run.” With that the Chiss turns and marches precisely back into the star port and disappears into the crowd.

When am I ever going to not keep screwing up, this is getting really bad. One of these times I will get killed by screwing up like this. Correl thought to himself as he hurried to his own ship to get of the planet before everyone starts laughing at him for his screw up.
Corbin Freehand

Re: Watcher Journals: Correl Freehand

Opening.....

Watcher 43233-C....

Subject Query...........Correl Freehand
Birthplace Query......Tatooine
Location Query.........Cron Drift Blackhole
Progenitor Location Query....In Custody

Report Query.....

Final Say

On entering the room he knew his report would not be good. It had taken them long enough to get anyone close to the target. Knowing this he was not looking forward to the anger that would be directed at him from his commanding officer.
“Sir, he will see you now.” the sentry sneered at him after waiting almost a quarter of an hour. He got up and raised his hand at the sentry to prove he was not someone to trifle with and watched the shocked look come over the sentry's face as he rose into the air and found it hard to breath.
“Next time, maybe you 'will' show a little more respect to those who visit his lordship, yes?” He growled lowly to the sentry. He strode into the office and relaxed his hold on the sentry enough to let him drop to his feet.
Stepping into the office he saw his report on the desk and realized he might not exit the room in a good way. Moving to the desk he prepared himself for whatever outcome came at him for the poor report on that desk.
”So you come to me even after this,” the man sitting at the desk taps the report, ”debacle happens. When you should have kept this one away from doing things we do not like.” He leans forward and motions for the other man to sit. ”Now, I know we cannot get into that group he was with, but why don't you explain to me how our contact could have mishandled this and allowed him to try his luck with black holes.”
He took a few moments to clear his thoughts before saying anything and began his verbal report.
”Sir, with all due respect the contact was a subordinate that could only influence him in the right ways. They had no control over what he did, just how he went about doing it sometimes.” Which was the truth he thought mordantly and continued with his report.
When he had finished he wondered if his lord would be even more angry with him. But instead he saw a smile and heard a slight wheezy laugh. ”Do not worry so apprentice, it does no good when others make it more difficult to do the job properly. You will find that accepting defeat in one thing will help in another. So do not let it bother you any more. His lord sat for a moment in contemplation and smiled again. ”Do we know if there are any other members we can find and point in the right direction?” His lord chuckled as he asked the question of his apprentice.
”Master, we have not found any relatives for this family. At least none that would go running like he did to find them.” The apprentice stated nervously.
”Then my apprentice we must find one that has a need to search for him. There is one out there that will somewhere and we must find them and soon. So go my apprentice and find that one relative.” The lord muses aloud and to his apprentice.

End File Query....
Corbin Freehand

Re: Watcher Journals: Corbin Freehand

Opening.....

Watcher 43233-C....

Subject Query...........Corbin Freehand
Birthplace Query......Unknown
Location Query.........Unknown
Progenitor Location Query....Outer Rim

Report Query.....

Bad Tidings

Sitting at the table Corbin looks around the area seeing all the people he knows and nods to each then returns his attention back to his menu to figure out what he wants to order. Never noticing the Twi'lek that moved provocatively up to take his order. She stood for a moment before asking if he was ready to order.

Looking up startled from the menu Corbin clears his throat and smiles,”Um, yes I think I will have the 'Zabrak special', and to drink I will have Corellian ale, thank you.” He glances up at the waitress and smiles.

“Thank you sir. I will bring your drink shortly and your meal should not take long.” She smiles, collects the menu and heads back to the cook area to drop off the order.

While waiting for his meal to come Corbin notices an old friend enter the establishment and head straight for him. Wonder what he is doing here, wait why does he look like he is bringing bad news. Corbin thinks about that for a moment then realizes it might be about his last run he had made. I knew I should not have flashed than Imperial Star Destroyer.

“Why do you have to do that? You do know that eventually they will catch you. There are too many that want to be on the Empire's side to not expect them to want you.” The man by the name of Shar, his friend for many years quips as he sits down in the booth opposite him. ”Besides, my young friend, I have some rather unpleasant news as it were.” He looks over at Corbin and chuckles and grins, ”No, no, nothing that concerns you personally, although it would be nice if it was. No this concerns your family.” Not sure how Corbin will take it he takes a drink himself knowing the volatile young man across from him. He looks around the eatery before continuing with a sigh, ”Right, from what I have heard through the winds is this, you cousin who had joined that Krath outfit. Yeah those lunatics. Well he just turned up missing and overdue for a run he was on.” Shar looks around and shakes his head again at the clientèle here. He looks back to his friend and sees no reaction at all on his face or body and that was not a good thing. It was more like the stillness before the storm, but he continues anyway with the rest of the message. ”He was reported overdue for the last two weeks, which would make it about three weeks now since we are out here in the back of beyond and getting messages here is time consuming. Well that is all I could find out for now about your family, your parents are still the best at what they do. They have done so since before Palpatine came to power and even with both the Sith and Jedi hunted them, so don't worry about that my friend. They will be next to impossible to catch or find.” He watches his friend for some reaction and sees not a thing, just a blankness.

With a sudden movement Corbin gets up and heads to the bar to pay the bill, then comes back to the table, ”Thank you my friend for that information, I have to go and find out for myself what has happened. Besides you should know my family well enough now to know it is rather difficult to find or catch us easily.” With that Corbin heads for the door and the unknown of Krath space.

As Shar sits and looks at the closing door he whispers to himself,”Ah, my friend if you only knew how much I was paid to put you on this trail.”

End File Query....
Corbin Freehand

Re: Watcher Journals: Corbin Freehand

Opening.....

Watcher 43233-C....

Subject Query...........Corbin Freehand
Birthplace Query......Unknown
Location Query.........Unknown
Progenitor Location Query....Outer Rim

Report Query.....

Hitch in the Road

Coming from the Belkadan in the Dalonbian sector to Kathol sector was going to be a long run. Corbin knew that in the middle of that was the Galactic Empire held areas. So running past them was not high on his list of to do things. But he figures that checking in once and a while with reality would be a good thing and getting some fresh air planet-side would be good as well. He also knew the best place for that was not a direct line straight through but more of an end around anything resembling Empire held areas.

Looking at the Holomap, Corbin sees one place that would be good to pass through on his flight past Imperial patrols. Asher in the Sprizen sector otherwise known as droid heaven would be a worthwhile stop before continuing on. And it would also get word back to his contacts that he was still around and not captured as of yet. Making a decision as usual he heads to the cockpit and inputs the coordinates for his destination and dials it in to a single jump. As he watches the stars become lines of light he wanders back to his main terminal and sits to read up on the events in Krath space to get an understanding of who and what they are.

End File Query....